JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Back in the day when I was a bit "younger", I had a CJ7. Built a small block 400 and put in it. Saginaw 4 speed, 6 in lift, blah blah blah. She received a less than graceful burial, LOL!
Now, finally got another Jeep. '15 JK sport 2 dr hardtop. Not planning on doing anything drastic this time. I do however, want to change my wheels. I like the stock wheels, but think I'd rather have them matte black to go with the look I'm wanting. Has anyone on this forum used plasti-dip on their wheels, and how did it hold up?? Thanks in advance, keep on Jeepin!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
When we first bought my daughter's JK ('08 X two door), we plastidipped them to see what she thought. It held up well. A year later, I decided to peel everything off and paint them semigloss/satin black. Before I sprayed the first coat, my daughter said she liked them w/ silver centers.

All that to say, I see plastidip as being temporary; testing to see if you're happy with the color/finish. If you know you'll like it, I'd suggest pAinting them whatever color and finish you like and go with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then maybe you should pass and not read a post you've seen about a thousand times before.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Then maybe you should pass and not read a post you've seen about a thousand times before.

When you ask a question that has been asked so many times before without bothering to search you are not getting the benefits of the previous thousand threads.
Hope you enjoy your plastidip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts