JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
pioneer indash lcd , navi , dvd unit , was going to put in jeep , but changed my mine
asking 265 , shipping included , i dont have the mounting hardware or navi disk or navi antenna , but they can be brought , ( SOLD AS IS ) or trade for a traxxas slash (SPF)

·
Registered
485 Posts
bump for a good deal

what navi software is in it?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you mean by the navi software , i know it hasn't been updated with new maps , because I don't have the disk to do it

·
Registered
443 Posts
PM inbound

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
I have had 2 of these exact units. One in my Super Duty, and I currently have one in my Sti.
They are very nice, user-friendly units. You can change the color of all the lighting and the background to match your interior. Pretty farking cool.
They put out big power and have a separate subwoofer output which you can control from the touch-screen. There are inputs and outputs for monitors and/or backup cameras.

Sirius/XM:
Requires an external receiver which you can mount in the glove box, and also need an antenna.

Ipod:
You can control audio AND Video ipod through the head unit. You need the proper cable for BOTH audio/video. They are about $40 on ebay.

Navi:
Navi is pre-programmed into the unit and it will function quite well WITHOUT the disc. However, you need the disc to get full navi functions. There are 2 different discs, you have to use the one for your demographic. They sell for about $20 on ebay...
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from=R40&_trksid=p3872.m39.l1313&_nkw=pioneer+avic+d3+navigation+disc&_sacat=

E-Brake Overide:
Very simple. E-brake wire gets grounded and looped to the main harness. This allows you to input navi directions, and watch movies/video while the vehicle is in motion. GOTTA HAVE IT!

This is an awesome deal. Original price on this unit was around $1000. They are several years old now and have been phased out by newer models. But I loved it so much in my SD, that I hunted for another one for months, to put in my Sti.

Hope this helps! Good luck with the sale!!:)

·
Registered
185 Posts
This is a great unit, and an even better buy. These units are still update-able with the proper software. I have one in my Jeep, I've owned it for years; works great! BUMP! For a good buy!:beer:

·
Registered
338 Posts
if i wasnt so leary of purchasing head units over the internet this would be mine. its a fantastic price

·
Registered
362 Posts
Is able to be a plug and play with the correct wire harness with the Infinity system or will that require a little more to make it work with the factory sub and amp system

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is able to be a plug and play with the correct wire harness with the Infinity system or will that require a little more to make it work with the factory sub and amp system
It should be able to plug and play with the right harness for the jeep , it's just like any aftemRket deck you put in , I didn't have the upgrade stero on mine

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
I just found another one of these locally and bought it. Now I have 2.
I traded in the Subaru and pulled the D3 out of that, which will go in the new truck.
And the D3 I just bought will go in the JK!:bounce:

These units are the shit! This is a great deal, I hope it sells soon!:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts