JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously considering going with this head unit.
My questions are as follows:
1) I really want to take advantage of the stock (OEM) Sirius antenna that came with the head unit. Can I do this? If so, do you still need to a kit to have Sirius work with the Pioneer unit?
2) Any difficulty with fitment in your Jeep
3) I want to have the iPod adpater in the glove box. Any issues with this? Extra parts that I will need to buy?
4) I have the Infinity Speaker system... will this be "plug and play" with this headunit?
5) Lastly, how do you like (sound, feature/function, etc.)
Cheers and many thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just replaced my stock HU, but didn't use the Pioneer that you are considering. See http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16360

I'll answer what I can -
- You can keep the factory Sirius antenna. You will probably need to take off the brown plastic pieces so that it will mate to the connector from your Sirius tuner. Looking at the Pioneer on Crutchfield shows that you need an add on satellite tuner.
- In order to interface to your stock infinity system you will need an adapter. I used a PAC C2R-CHY4. It feeds the signal to the Infinity amp and keeps the retained power, etc. Makes it very simple.

It made a big difference in my sound and overall I'm real happy with my choice. It looks like you can't go wrong with the Pioneer. :beer:

·
Registered
438 Posts
That PAC harness seems useless to me, very expensive as well. It may be in the books for someone with all the doodads on their rig.

I have a bone stock X model so I don't have the infinity system or anything but when i bought my 4100 just about a week ago all I did was buy the double din install kit, and the metra wiring harness off amazon. I'm not even sure if the harness will work but if not I'm pretty sure I can wire it up to make it work.

I'm installing mine in a few weeks, once i get back in the US.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The PAC adapter retains the chimes, regardless of whether you have the Infinity system or not.

Also, as I understand it, your gauge cluster will throw a code without the PAC adapter because it masquerades as the stock head unit, which the ECU looks for during startup.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Love it except for the iPod interface which sucks and is difficult to deal with. But the Nav side of it works better than most. My quick 2 cents...

·
Registered
438 Posts
well, guess i'll just have to see what chimes I get before I spend a hundred and some change on a couple wires

·
Registered
46 Posts
well, guess i'll just have to see what chimes I get before I spend a hundred and some change on a couple wires
The main thing it does is let you keep the Infinty amp. If you don't have it or don't want to keep it then save you money. I'll probably rewire the speakers at some point and bypass the amp. In the meantime, it works great with the harness.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Then I'm glad I didn't drop the bones for that PAC harness. I got the Metra harness instead to keep the ignition key accessory thing :thefinger:

Should work, if not I'll have some valuable information to pass along to JKO :D:D:D:D:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts