JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody on here running 37's on AEV Pintlers with about 3-4" lift? I'm wondering how bad the rubbing is considering the backspacing of those wheels.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
on the aev forum there are lots of people running aev rims with 5.2" bs with 37's. I was running pintlers and 35's with 2.5" lift no problem.

I'm looking for a cheap set of decent 37's to run on some new Saltas.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Is anybody on here running 37's on AEV Pintlers with about 3-4" lift? I'm wondering how bad the rubbing is considering the backspacing of those wheels.

5.2" backspace? If that is right, I would think you would have to run a spacer.

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Since AEV specs their 4.5" lift for 37" tires with Pintlers on their own builds, I would think they've worked out all the bugs, whatever the backspace is. Their products are engineered to be compatible with their products. If you're running another lift, all bets are off. If you don't have 4.5" of AEV lift, you'll need to compensate by adding bump stop to limit up travel. As I've posted before, in a conversation I had with them a few years ago, I was told they were running 37s on their SEMA rigs with 3.5" lift, but adding bump stop. Their suspensions are designed for 35s with 3.5" and 37s with 4.5". And at the time, just before the Savagres came out, they were putting Pintlers on everything (JKs).

·
Registered
822 Posts
It depends on the 37s. True 37s like the mtrs will rub on the lower control arm. I put a couple of washers under the steering stops which helped a lot.

Other 37s like KM2's don't rub at all or very little.

I run both on pintlers without issues.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yup, I've got the Pintlers on 37" MTR'S with a Rock Krawler 3.5"lift and they rub pretty bad. I lost a lot of turning radius, I can't wait to get rid of them.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
i run 37" MTRs on pintler beadlocks and they are fine. I think they are 4.5 bs.

·
Registered
979 Posts
After the weekend we had, 37's should be ordered by now...

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
Look at the LCA used. If the arm is bent in or up for clearance. The RK arms are bent up more then in for ground clearance. I rub slightly with 4.5 BS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts