JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Here it is.....just about done installing all of the GenRight Off-Road parts! :D What I installed (with the help of fellow Jeepers Brian, Joe and Chris): Aluminum stinger bumper, aluminum tubular fenders, steel rock guards powder-coated silver, aluminum rear backup light bumper, and aluminum tire carrier. This was a very fun build and looks not only great in pictures but even better in person! :D It has a very aggressive stance to it with lots of clearance both at the pinch seams and fender well for articulation! And don't kid yourself about aluminum bumpers or fenders....these things are BEEFY with only 1/5 of the weight of the steel parts I took off! :marcy:

It's finished, but have to wait for the rain to let up to get a picture of it finished! :D

A huge thanks go out to Tony and Debbie Pellegrino, as well as Dave Watts, at GenRight for their great service support and help in building the Jeep! :marcy:

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
ill be the first one to say that thing looks amazing!

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you JKunlimited...it's a very fun build! The local Jeepers (Brian, Chris, and Joe) who helped me with installing couldn't believe the detail of the welds, the strength to the parts, and even better is how much lighter everything weighed! It was definitely a fun build project. Brian and I worked on it from about 7pm on Friday until 2am on Saturday morning installing, then picked up again at around 9:30ish on Saturday with Joe and Chris working at the garage until about 7:30pm, then started again around 10:00ish on Sunday with Joe and Brian (at Brian's house) and worked until 8:30ish last night! :D

Everyone had a great time but was definitely tired last night. Needless to say everyone else went back to work and I took vacation this week! :laughing: :laughing:

In all seriousness, I still have some small details left to do such as trimming the fender liners to put back in and wiring up the electrical for the rear bumper lights and the 3rd brake light. :beer:

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Jeep looks great man i love the color combo.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,216 Posts
Hell yeah, that looks great. I love the idea of getting some weight off our rigs.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Thanks everyone!

Jeep looks pretty sexy, now for some battle scars!

I know how to drive! :grinpimp:

Awesome! Someday mine will be worthy too. :beer:

You drive a Jeep...it's already worthy! It takes time to build it right though....be sure to check out www.genright.com when you are considering what to put on your Jeep! :beer:

I still wish they would have sent you mirror polished as a joke... Looks great Brother!

That is the outer you trying to keep the inner you inside that really wants to go the aluminum look....you know you do! I will make it easy for you....call Dave Watts at 805-584-8635 EXT 301, or email him at [email protected]! :grinpimp :beer:

did you notice any height gain after all these shiny bits?
Here are some before and after pics:

·
Registered
430 Posts
as everyone else said, that looks great

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Nice... :koolaid:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Man...I can't wait for my tire carrier to get here!! Thanks for the pic's. How difficult was the tire carrier install?

Davesrb

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
here are some new "playing around" pictures:

Davesrb, the tire carrier install wasn't difficult at all! :) Just remember before you tighten the passenger side hinges in place to align the entire system (including having the driver side rear light installed so that it does not interfere with light placement when re-assembling! :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.