JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a great time at K2 and had a chance to take some tough trails. If you live in Texas you have to plan for next year to come see why so many rigs come to this place. Lots of pics to post will try get a few up now:
Tie rod = rough life here and may not take much more abuse. I had to bend it back twice.
Finding the line for the long Jeep.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just found my next project: Stubby front bumper. I will add recovery points but I like the simplicity.
This Rubi is one nice trail rig.
The owner of this Rubi said, "It's going there anyway I just decided to go now."

King of the Hammers: I think this is Doug Kahlstrom 927 out of Lampasas TX
correct me if I got this wrong.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Very nice!

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Nice! Next time I hope that I can hit some trails there.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great pics Ed!!!! I want to go out and wheel with you some time,,,,,I had alot on my plate for this weekend.
You know we are going wheeling now that the wedding is done! I really need 37's to clear my diffs and underside for the unlimited length. Wife finally landed a job at the hospital Friday. Trip planning starts after the first paycheck.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
You know we are going wheeling now that the wedding is done! I really need 37's to clear my diffs and underside for the unlimited length. Wife finally landed a job at the hospital Friday. Trip planning starts after the first paycheck.
37"s are fixing to come,,,,,I chunked the crap out of my 35"s sunday!

Good meeting you though!

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
man, keep these pics coming. i've been wanting to take a trip to texas for a long time to visit some old friends of mine that live in san antonio. Gotta make this place a stop when i do.

Hey 4x4x4, how's that detroit in the rear? whats it like on the rocks now with the aussie up front? you like it on the road? any weird abs issues?

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
man, keep these pics coming. i've been wanting to take a trip to texas for a long time to visit some old friends of mine that live in san antonio. Gotta make this place a stop when i do.

Hey 4x4x4, how's that detroit in the rear? whats it like on the rocks now with the aussie up front? you like it on the road? any weird abs issues?
I have a lot of pictures so give me a couple days to download from my cameraman. You have to plan around K2. They are not open in the fall for deer hunting on the property. Check out their website so you are not disappointed. Memorial weekend is the big event every year.

Detroit performed like a champ. Love the Detroit/Aussie combo! On the road it doesn't bother me at all.No lights or issues. When you are on the gas pulling out of a parking lot and turning it drags one side so it sounds like your powering out and barking tires. My engine can't do that... Otherwise I say do it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts