JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toga, that is a beautiful JK. :beer:

I'm also a dumbass bc I meant stock BFG MTs not the goodyear MTRs. Will edit.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Great looking rig

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup getting warmer. I'm trying to get an idea of what the stock rubi setup will look like on a 2.5" I ordered the RK 2.5 stock mod for my '12 rubi and wondering if itll look silly without 33s. What lift are you running otto?

close, though goodyears 33"

·
Registered
70 Posts
my own mish mash of parts. basicly 1.5" teraflex coils and spacers. though running jks control arms, poly performance track bars, ball joints and reinforcement brackets on pretty much everything.

spacers where needed to level everything due to keeping things light and no winch up front. so i ended up with about 2.5" lift

here's a pic how it looks like

drivabilty, reasonable weight, kinda stealth looks was an important point and i wanted to keep the 4.10 gears.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my own mish mash of parts. basicly 1.5" teraflex coils and spacers. though running jks control arms, poly performance track bars, ball joints and reinforcement brackets on pretty much everything.

spacers where needed to level everything due to keeping things light and no winch up front. so i ended up with about 2.5" lift

drivabilty, reasonable weight, kinda stealth looks was an important point and i wanted to keep the 4.10 gears.
Straight forward enough combination. Im conccerned about driveability also. not looking to go huge, just a little more than pucks and enough to handle the new bumper and winch up front. Want a better ride than a BB. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Bingo! There it is, thanks snkskn. Looks real good too. Doesn't looks terrible with stock 32s but I think id be happier with 33s.
Go 35s. You will thank us later. I made the mistake of getting 33s and once I added the lift they got smaller and smaller everyday. I sold em and went 35s. Just do it and worry about gears, axle reinforcement later.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Rock Krawler 2.5" Long Arm:

2.5 inch LONG ARM?!?! Why? I must ask....do you really notice a difference with the long arms with that amount of lift vs the mid arms?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Go 35s. You will thank us later. I made the mistake of getting 33s and once I added the lift they got smaller and smaller everyday. I sold em and went 35s. Just do it and worry about gears, axle reinforcement later.
I don't want to start a landslide. Thats the reason I went with the rubicon this time. Basic minor lift, small upgrade in tire size, winch and I'm really all set for my very capable daily driver. 35s will lead to things I don't want/need. More money, more necessary mods, drop mpg, sacrifice ride etc. All insignificant individually but put together its not worth it to me and not the direction I want to head in. When I can afford a toy I'll definitely be heading down that trail.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts