JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a couple of pics of my locker switch I put in to control the rear locker. The one on the left will be for the front, I just haven't switched the rocker out yet, I thought it would be kinda stupid having a switch labeled that doesn't work. We have a small laser at work so I had my friend that programs it make some stencils out of adhesive vinyl. A little primer and paint, instant lettering.

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good How did you put the letters on the switch? I like the daystar Switched too!
We have a small laser at work so I had my friend that programs it make some stencils out of adhesive vinyl. I stuck the stencils on and taped up the rest of the rocker. A little primer and paint, instant lettering. Those are Carling Contura switches. I got them here. He also carries the Daystar panel.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Hey John,

In the pics, the replacment dash section seems to be a very different color from the stock. Almost more black then "slate". I know cameras can really play tricks on that sort of thing though. In person, using eyeballs how does it look? Similar to the stock parts or a nice contrast?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey John,

In the pics, the replacment dash section seems to be a very different color from the stock. Almost more black then "slate". I know cameras can really play tricks on that sort of thing though. In person, using eyeballs how does it look? Similar to the stock parts or a nice contrast?
Your eyes are pretty good, most people don't pick up the shade difference looking at the pics. You are indeed correct, it is darker than the slate, but not quite black. It really seems to have just a touch of blue in it. It resembles no other color in the Jeep, but that's not a bad thing. To my eyes it looks good.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I was considering making my own but it is such a stupid little area and angles that it would be less headache to buy one of these replacment sections. Especially considering they don't cost all that much

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the feedback. I was considering making my own but it is such a stupid little area and angles that it would be less headache to buy one of these replacment sections. Especially considering they don't cost all that much
I was thinking about making my own too, but at ~25.00 it was well worth it. You do have to retain and reuse the metal clips off the old cover.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts