JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I will be heading down to the docks in the morning to collect my JK, it was held up in the State's by DMV messing up the paperwork (2 weeks) then a problem at the dock for unloading the container (another 2 weeks) but I got the phone call today to say it had cleared customs and was ready for collection.:bounce::bounce::bounce:

So by lunch time tomorrow I will have my JK, then the fun can start:bounce:

A

·
0 Posts
Congrats Steve.
You got one to the UK faster than Paragon’s order :laughing: ;)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now sitting on the drive outside the house :D

Unloaded the suspension kit out of the back of the JK, so as soon as I get it pass the SVA test passed, I can start fitting parts:)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are a couple of pics as I got it.

Yes I know the wheels and tires are :shaking: when I bought it from the dealers they had Rubicon rims on and large tires, but the dealer wanted $3000 for them so I told him he could keep them.

I am thinking of blacking out the pillar between the doors, I think it would look better. My next job is I have to get the JK pass a SVA test we have here for imported vehicles, once that is done I can get started with the mods :D

·
Registered
900 Posts
Nice Jeep! And lucky you, it doesn't have that ugly euro-spec front bumper. On the other hand that would have provided a great excuse to get something better. :) My wife won't let me replace anything that she doesn't think needs replacing.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No RHD......... Over here in the UK we have a choice of 4 colors black is the base color then for a $750 more you can get a dull red, silver, and rescue green. Also there is no softop version and as for half doors forget that. Oh and unless you buy a Rubicon they are all diesel, which is fine in the 2 door but a little under powered for the 4 door, (too be honest it not that hot in the 2 door). Then there is price even after shipping import duty and UK sales tax, I have saved around $15,000 :D

I already have 2 LHD cars so it does not worry me, plus when it comes to suspension it is a lot easier to get parts.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yup the UK bumper is bad, but as soon as I get the JK pass the SVA test I will be looking to fit a Fabfour unit.

When I saw it sitting there on the dealers forecourt with the half doors I just had to have it, I have them on one of my TJ's and it is so good with the top down. :)

Yes I think blacking out the pillar it will look a lot better, for a start I am going to use some sticky back plastic, that way if I don't like it I can peel it off.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Really nice, good job on giving back the rims and tires. No way they are worth $3000.00

Keep us posted on the build up.

Pat

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Yes I know the wheels and tires are :shaking: when I bought it from the dealers they had Rubicon rims on and large tires, but the dealer wanted $3000 for them so I told him he could keep them.

BTW, what stealership tried to get you to pay $3000.00 for Rubi rims and tires? Enjoy your Jeep

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
People's at Folsom CA, I must admit I am not happy with the service I got from them, the JK was ment to be supplied with a full tank of gas, it had less then a 1/4 and they had taken the floor mats out. :pissed: Maybe they think they can get away with it as I am halfway round the world. But I have had a couple of people ask if I could import one for them, so the dealers have lost out as I won't be going back to them.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Awesome!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts