JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate the pics so far, has anyone tried the aluminum panels vs the steal ones? Have you taken a hit with them and did they protect/stay well against the jeep? I don't do much rock crawling but I'm looking to protect more against the occasional ones on the trail or ruts I happen to go into.

·
Registered
402 Posts
here's the Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails... they've worked great so far... really nice for pivoting around trees on tight trails...

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Poison Spyder body armor and ORE sliders

Personal note FWIW: the only reason I have the body armor is that I installed Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers when they first came out. Like a few other things I did, eventually I removed the Brawlers and welded the ORE sliders on (what I wanted to do originally, but talked myself out of it). I installed the body armor cause I already had the nutsert holes drilled. If I was to do it all over again I don't think I would install the body armor ...I'd just go with the ORE sliders or PSC Rocker Knockers. Be real sure you want the body armor vs sliders before you start drilling into the body. IMO, good sliders will do what the body armor does and more.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Cant beat the Ace rails! They bolt to the FRAME! and fit under the rubi rails so you can hide the seam. I have personally sat them on a rock and dragged them the entire length with no bendage. Best of all... only $295

·
Registered
77 Posts
Poison Spyder body armor and ORE sliders

Personal note FWIW: the only reason I have the body armor is that I installed Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers when they first came out. Like a few other things I did, eventually I removed the Brawlers and welded the ORE sliders on (what I wanted to do originally, but talked myself out of it). I installed the body armor cause I already had the nutsert holes drilled. If I was to do it all over again I don't think I would install the body armor ...I'd just go with the ORE sliders or PSC Rocker Knockers. Be real sure you want the body armor vs sliders before you start drilling into the body. IMO, good sliders will do what the body armor does and more.
Why did you not like the PS Brawler Rockers, if I may ask?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Sliders are the next thing I'm looking into. I'm between 3 right now... Psc rocker knockers, ace sliders, or the pure jeep sliders. Hmmm?

Sent from my cardboard box using Tapatalk

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sliders are the next thing I'm looking into. I'm between 3 right now... Psc rocker knockers, ace sliders, or the pure jeep sliders. Hmmm?

Sent from my cardboard box using Tapatalk
Greg, the evo's are nice and look like they will take a beating. But like said for the price you can't beat ace! Most rockers bolt to the tub which IMO is not solid. A rail that bolts to both frame and tub is ideal. Ace rails bolt to the frame only but are very solid! I have taken some massive hits at RC and aside from the scars they are good to go. I will be in the pines for the holidays if you want a closer look.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Here are Body Armor's Extreme Rock rails. Although they are not as stout as some others out there, they are a great product for the price. I was looking for something that provided body protection and a rail to provide some separation from rocks and provide somewhat of a step. They list for under $400 retail but Body Armor has some listed as blems on their site for about $250! (Not a very good pic, sorry)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Greg, the evo's are nice and look like they will take a beating. But like said for the price you can't beat ace! Most rockers bolt to the tub which IMO is not solid. A rail that bolts to both frame and tub is ideal. Ace rails bolt to the frame only but are very solid! I have taken some massive hits at RC and aside from the scars they are good to go. I will be in the pines for the holidays if you want a closer look.
Is it a good idea to bolt to the frame and the tub with sliders. The tub moves slightly with rubber body mount bushings. Bolting the two together might cause problems.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.