JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just lifted my JKU and want to get some flat flares. Leaning towards plastic because of the price and no rust, but would love to see all diff flatties. I like the Bushwackers but idk if they are too wide. I havent gotten a chance to see them in person. I still have my stock tires now but plan on running the stock Sahara wheels with spacers and 35x12.50's. Lets see some flatties!! :beer:

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Check my garage got the PSC ones they are stout as hell.

·
Registered
476 Posts
No pics for you but there are lots of options. First you have steel, they won't rust as long as they are properly painted so I wouldn't worry about that. A couple manufacturers make aluminum ones, they weigh less and won't rust but the trade-off is an increase in price. Then you have the plastic/polyurethane. They are probably the cheapest overall and no rust issues. Also lightweight and don't need painted but not as durable. If you are serious about wanting plastic, I would look at the Xenon flares. They make some that are 1-1/2" narrower than your stock flares and look preety nice.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
I'll play...

Xenons in the front.. custom tube in the back. May go to tube in the front just so they will match... no other reason. The Xenons have done well - even after bashing them a few times on the trail.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Poison Spyder....

·
Registered
518 Posts
Here's a few from several angles to give you an idea on the Xenons. After a few run ins with the rocks in Johnson Valley they are still good but if I had to do it again I'd do Poison Spyders fenders and probably will eventually.

Mike

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice pics everyone lookin good. Im diggin those RROR, but not diggin the price haha. Anyone paint some bushwackers??? I have a sahara and would like to paint whatever flatties I end up getting. Can you even paint Bushwackers? Still would like to see someone with stock wheels, wheel spacers with 35's and bushwacker flats. I just want to make sure the bushwackers arent going to look to big. I would like my tires to stick out a little past the flares. Im not a big fan of the xenons. I think its just the angle on the front I dont really like. I wish bushwacker made some narrows that would be sweet. lets see some more pics!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh ya love the PSC Flares but again a little out of my price range. PSC makes some goooood shit

·
Registered
858 Posts
There are quite a few options out there for JK flat fenders. However what will constitute the best fender for you will be based on the vehicle purpose, budget and the amount of tire coverage desired.

When it comes to steel or aluminum hi-clearance tube fenders the River Raider units that we offer are available in factory width and narrow. The narrow are 2.25'' narrower then your stock flares.

One of the main things that set our fenders apart from other options is the excellent fit and the fact that they are fully welded along the entire length of the fender. Some companies just do a few short stitches on the inside to hold the fenders together while ours are welded inside and out for the strongest possible fender. We also tie our fenders into the JK sub-frame for a much stronger unit.

Every set of our fenders come with all stainless steel hardware and a free expoxy coat finish that is far more durable then powder coat.

If you have any questions on our fenders or other products feel free to call the number below and ask for Kenny.:beer:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts