JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are supposed to be 14.6" wide and I'd love to see how they look from the front or back (stance)

Also from those who have these tires are they good for DD? I have a short commute to work but they'll see more pavement than mud and dirt

I'm thinking either these or Toyos

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
What backspacing are the wheels that they're going to be on? That is some wide rubber and has the potential to rub at lock either on the control arms or frame. Also, while BFG's are on the lighter size for tires, those are going to be heavy regardless. I don't think they're exactly daily driver friendly, but then again I DD on 37's...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What backspacing are the wheels that they're going to be on? That is some wide rubber and has the potential to rub at lock either on the control arms or frame. Also, while BFG's are on the lighter size for tires, those are going to be heavy regardless. I don't think they're exactly daily driver friendly, but then again I DD on 37's...
I'll probably run wheel spacers. I'm window shopping right now and haven't bought the wheels yet

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I ran the 345's for 30k and sold them. I DD'd them 50 miles a day, zero issues. Great tires I just went to 40 inch Toyos.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Here ya go. 365/75r16 km2's on stockerton series 22 wheels 16x10 w/ 3.5" bs on 3.5" of lift. I just took them off and now nascarrubicon is running them. I'm getting ready to go new and bigger.

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Otnoc311 - Badass dude, that's exactly what I needed to see :beer: Did you have any steering issues with tires that wide?

JKvick - how do you like the toyo's compared to the BFG's? Which one is quiter on the street? Are the toyo's harder to steer since they're bigger?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
It is definitely a different feel with tires that wide and try tend to grab "grooves" in the road more. I liked them a lot and would have kept them for my next jeep but I want to go bigger. You need the low bs on the wheels otherwise you will hit on the jeep if you go with a Lo-COG build.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
To tell you the truth, the Toyos have a lot better road manners. A lot more pleasant to drive and i wasn't expecting that with 40's. So far I'm really digging' them on and off road.

864 Posts
I believe they are 7.5" wide with 5" BS. I could deal with the BS with wheel adapter spacers. Not concerned with tire wear because it won't be a DD. I think it will work & save me some $ on wheels & tires. Worth a try at least...

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
I ran the 345's for 30k and sold them. I DD'd them 50 miles a day, zero issues. Great tires I just went to 40 inch Toyos.

I know it's , like, 2-3 years old, but if you recall about these, is it impossible to consider using this size for 16" 8.5" rims with 4.25" BS ? It lists them as only 77lbs per tire( 12 lighter than my 315/75r16 STTs) so weight wouldnt be an issue but I wonder if the width of my Level8 Strike 5s would prevent me from running these.

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
Here ya go. 365/75r16 km2's on stockerton series 22 wheels 16x10 w/ 3.5" bs on 3.5" of lift. I just took them off and now nascarrubicon is running them. I'm getting ready to go new and bigger.

a few years late on this , but if you have the info or recall, do ya thin kthese exact tires in these images would work on a wheel that was 16x8.5" instead of your 16x10 wheels? Probably not, huh? I sure would like them to. These are lighter than my 35s and have the stance and height I want . I am stuck with Strike 5 level 8s as far as my wheels go. And, of coursse, I would like the lightest best biggest MT possible for them! Thanks for any details. They look[ed] bad ass on your rig.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts