JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received this picture in an email today, And it's an amazing sight...

Is the a REAL photo of the Lightning and Tornado?

From the email:

When the lightning flashes, this is NOT what you want to see.

THIS IS A PICTURE THAT LESIA CASANOVA'S HUSBAND TOOK IN THE GULF OF MEXICO .

HE WORKS ON AN OIL RIG AND DURING A STORM HE WAS GOING TO TAKE A PICTURE OF THE LIGHTNING.

HE WAS UNAWARE OF THE TORNADO UNTIL THE LIGHTNING ILLUMINATED IT.
Taken Thursday night, April 3, 2008.
Lariat # 2 Sandridge Energy�
South of Ft Stockton , TX

Attachments

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
:lol::lol::lol::lol:That looks real?????????????:lol::lol::lol:That is funny ****

·
Administrator
8,731 Posts
When the lightning flashes, this is NOT what you want to see.

THIS IS A PICTURE THAT LESIA CASANOVA'S HUSBAND TOOK IN THE GULF OF MEXICO .

HE WORKS ON AN OIL RIG AND DURING A STORM HE WAS GOING TO TAKE A PICTURE OF THE LIGHTNING.

HE WAS UNAWARE OF THE TORNADO UNTIL THE LIGHTNING ILLUMINATED IT.
I could be wrong but I am going to go out on a limb here and say there aren't many trees in the Gulf Of Mexico.

:p

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Looks like an onshore drilling rig...if so, then it's real....

NOT!

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I'd almost bet its fake. To much going on in the photo not to be staged.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Fake, fake, fake. I saw another photo, same tornado and lightning, but behind a guy up on a power pole.
Another thing, the tornado seems to be lit up from the inside. Not very likely, because if it's on the ground, it's full of dirt and debris.
Looks like a twister shot in the day time, chopped into the lightning shot, chopped into the oil rig shot.
None the less, still pretty cool looking. Call it modern art:D

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I figured it was a fake, But still... It's real? I mean.... The actual photo was taken in Missouri of the lightning and Tornado!

I remember that year... It was insane with the bastards coming in one after another after another after ANOTHER.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Having been in fairly close proximity to a tornado once (and hopefully NEVER again), I can tell you that, wether you see it or not............you know it's there. Sounds like a freight train on steroids coming straight at you. Scary $hit! :hide:

·
Registered
785 Posts
About 10 years ago when I lived in the Fl Keys we had a tropical storm pass thru that spun 5 tornado's and I got blessed by 2 of them.I know that they are nothing like those monsters up north but never the less I don take any storms lightly anymore. I guess live and learn.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I was a mile away from the F4 (207-260 mph) monster that hit Tulsa/Catoosa back in 94. That thing was 1/2 mile wide tearing up I-44, tossing semi tractors and cars like toys, as it was mostly rain wrapped. The people on the highway just drove into it. I was riding with my neighbor toward Catoosa when it came through, we finally stopped and took partial cover when the car was riding on top of the hail stones on the road.

My soon-to be-wife's house wasn't hit directly, but it sort of "twisted" it.
Some of the doors in the upstairs wouldn't close because they would hit the doorjamb at the bottom, but had a six inch gap at the top. Pretty creepy.

After it passed, I ended up on foot in Catoosa (long story). The damage was inconcievible.

Even though this was one of at least half a dozen tornadoes I've been witness to, I still go outside when the storm sirens go off, hoping to see another. Some sort of morbid curiosity I guess.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts