JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a number for chrylser that actually gets results? i have a feeling ill need to call tomorrw. o just got my jeep back from the dealer for the slave cly leaking and my ebrake not working, i was charged $70 for what i think should be awarranty fix and they didnt even put my console back together right (shifter boot not installed right) now i can fix the shifter boot but i shouldnt have to.im goin to try to call the dealer firat but i have afeeling it wont get me very far.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OMFG im gonna flip out at the dealer. i just crawld under my jeep to see whatthey did and guess what i find A LEAK IN THE SAME SPOT all they did was change the slave cly which is external, theres still fluid leaking out the bell housing

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I got screwed out of $160.00 by a Chrysler dealership in my area just to confirm an overheat condition. Naively told them that I drove the jeep through water ( You know, it's a go anywhere do anything vehicle) and the cooling fan motor failed. They did not perform any diagnostics. they simply said they found mud in the part.

Took my complaint to Chrysler customer service and they simply took the word of the dealership and would not consider my concerns. I pressed on for further assistance and was transfered from India back to The States to speak with a so called senior customer service rep. who once again said their decision was final.

Still not satified, I filed a complaint with the Bureau of Automotive Repair. They found that I was over charged for services and I had a valid complaint.
B.A.R. goes to the dealership with my case and guess what. Their no longer in business. I have no recourse. S.O.L.

So good luck to you and the so called Chrysler Customer Service.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
called the dealer anf they basiclly said to pound sand and i can bring the jeep back in and they can try again. i took it to the dealer i bought it from this time they actually listned to me when i told them what the problem was and they said they will get it right and not to go back to the othe rplace, which ny the was was Tunkhannock Auto Mart, so avoid that place if you can

·
Registered
573 Posts
Just a stock dealership phrase "Its YOUR fault". You actually USED the jeep like in the brochure. Silly you.

I have said elsewhere the dealer will avoid warranty work almost to the extreme. The dealerships appear to train the reps to find any excuse to assign the failure to misuse by the customer.

I go through this every time I take mine in for warranty work (which will be less now I hope). Oh, you have a supercharger! That is why the radio flashes and the engine dies and the right turn signal won't turn off and I wouldn't be surprised if you overtorqued your frame and thats why the top leaks. I just say fine, why don't you give me a written explanation of why you think that is the cause and I'll take your explanation and all the posts I can find on the various forums from people who DON'T have modified vehicles, who are complaining about the same thing, to the arbitrator and we'll let the arbitrator decide. Hey! Sometimes that even works.

What can work is: "I can always take my vehicle elsewhere for servicing. You look up my records and see how much work I've had done over the years here and I think I can get the work done as good as and much cheaper than I can here." I don't have to resort to that (only once) or the above (only once) because my dealer's service department does have my records and can see how much money I have spent there.

You might try a few searches on the jeep forums (even the forum that must not be named) and take a list of people having the same issue with you. I did that on my transmission issue and they shut up about the supercharger.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i gto the jeep back from a differtn deale rtoday and the first dealer didnt tighten the bleeder for the clutch so it seems to be fixed now, i hope i get ne of those surveys like chevy dealers give out after service

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Take your Jeeps to a "JEEP Freindly dealership", There are plenty out there that will help unless you live in a small town.

1800-chrysler or ask to speak to the stores GM

Jason

·
Registered
689 Posts
I hate the dealer, the service is crap, and I know DC is paying for it. My t-case cracked and I had to pay extra since I didn not have the factory skid. I laughed and said that they would not have had to take that off, same number of bolts, if the t-case had not broken. Even better, they had my Jeep for a fricking month! If I did not like Jeeps so much I would never buy another one again. I have just learned to bypass the dealership! Chrysler Customer Service sucks, I too filed a complaint with BAR regarding issues--perhaps enough of these and they will get the hint, I doubt it.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
i just got off the phone and chry says the warranty doesnt cover the dealer finding what was wrong and i was charged correctly.
Chrysler customer service told me that they can't control what a dealer charges for service. It's clear to me that they do not have the customers best interest in mind. Given the state of the american auto industry it should not be a surprise that they fight so hard not to cover repairs under warranty.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i told the dealer that charged me i wont be returing for any service or to buy a jeep fro my wife there and i will be goin to ertley (competing dealer where i bought mine from) from now on because they dont charge me fro warranty work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts