JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
God how I hate sand storms. In southern Iraq you could see it coming in on the horizon for HOURS before it hit. When it hit, you couldn't see 5 ft in front of you.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
God how I hate sand storms. In southern Iraq you could see it coming in on the horizon for HOURS before it hit. When it hit, you couldn't see 5 ft in front of you.
I remember those fuckers well.... called Shamals or something like that. I like Haboob better.... shit would eat the paint off of the HMMWVs

Brutal.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I posted a picture of AZ this morning..........

That looks seriously Fucked Up !!!!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Miami, This is Phoenix. Still here. Cough, Cough. Just a little dirty.

Sorry, was outside shoveling the inch of sand out of the bottom of my pool!

Haboobs suck!!

·
Administrator
8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Miami, This is Phoenix. Still here. Cough, Cough. Just a little dirty.

Sorry, was outside shoveling the inch of sand out of the bottom of my pool!

Haboobs suck!!
Man if they did that it would be heaven on earth!

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
crazy stuff, cant even imagine what thats like. hope you all are alright, and hopefully the thin paint on your jeeps wasnt just sandblasted off

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I still don't understand why this is news worthy? Happens all summer long...was this wall bigger than the other walls? WTF is a Haboob? Never heard of her:shaking:

Jason

·
Registered
3,692 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I still don't understand why this is news worthy? Happens all summer long...was this wall bigger than the other walls? WTF is a Haboob? Never heard of her:shaking:

Jason
Because all us poor fucks are just used to rain and humidity :laughing:

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Its a dry heat.....thats what they say! It was like 69% humidity today...

Jason
Until you sweat while you are IN the shower you haven't experienced humidity.
So now we have sweaty haboobs that suck!:beer:

Still waiting to experience the "mud rain" they were talking about on the news. That is when you have rain clouds above the haboob and pretty much everything you own gets caked in mud.:shaking:

Explain to me again why all of our AC units are on the roof?

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
I just missed driving in that storm by 3 minutes. Was on my way back from UT with the family when I saw that freaking cloud and said "oh sheet!". My Wife didn't understand why it was such a big deal to me until we got inside and pulled the blinds up just in time to watch our neighbors tree get snapped in half. Then she was glad we weren't driving anymore.

Then I went about playing with herboobs...

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
So now we have sweaty haboobs that suck!:beer:

Still waiting to experience the "mud rain" they were talking about on the news. That is when you have rain clouds above the haboob and pretty much everything you own gets caked in mud.:shaking:

Explain to me again why all of our AC units are on the roof?

Years ago one of the salesmen went out in the mud rain in a white shirt and tie...he came back with a muddy ass shirt. It was funny as hell!

Jason

1 - 20 of 23 Posts