JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More power! More power! As I embark on my journey to build my 2011 JK, two things come to my mind as the new equipment is added. Power and gas mileage. My Jeep is my daily driver so this simply cannot be overlooked. My JK is a 2 door automatic currently running 32" muds and my fuel economy is about 14.5-15 mpg. Ouch! I intend to lift it 3.5" and roll 33" x 12.5"/ 15. So I did my homework and discovered Performance Distributors. Their firepower ignition promises to increase power and efficiency. So I contacted them and after a conversation with the ignition guru, I decided that it was worth a try. In 2 days time I received the package.
Contents :
Image 1: the Screamin' Demon high voltage coil.
Image 2: Livewires spark plug wires.

The install:
Went off without a hitch. First removed the old wires, coil and plugs. The three plugs on the left were a little difficult to access but a socket extension helped. The new plugs were gapped to .065 and installed. (manufacturer recommends Autolite platinum spark plugs)

Next the new coil was attached right to the factory mount (image 3). Used the same 2 bolts. The Demon is high voltage for a complete burn and has brass terminals for the best conductivity.

Finally, the Livewires were installed. It is crucial that these are installed exactly as the originals were plug to coil. The high voltage of the new coil requires a heavier wire. These are 8mm thick and covered by heat treated fiberglass protected up to 1400 degrees F. Unlike many aftermarket wires, these are custom fit and are numbered for the correct cylinders. They come in a variety of colors.

The finished product and the vehicle(image 4 & 5).
Beginning to end the install took about an hour and a half.
Everything fit just as it should. No problems.

Immediately I could feel the difference in the power. Quicker and much smoother acceleration. As for the fuel economy, it was short ride back and the average economy was up almost 2 mpg. I will continue to monitor this and will update in the near future. But even 2 mpg means 36 more miles from a tank of gas. 2 1/2 gallons in my Jeep or roughly $8.00 a tank.

The cost of the complete firepower kit is $188.00 through Performance Distributors.

Performancedistributors.com

I would also like to thank Chris at AD Automotive in Joliet, Illinois for his exceptional service on the install.
Give them a call for any automotive need. 815-744-3700

Attachments

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I would be interested to see what your results are. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
How many times are you going to post this dude. Get your fucking yellow star like all the other vendors if you want to pimp your stuff. You've posted this on way too many forums with little or no post count to NOT be employed by these people, so pay the fuck up!

·
Registered
602 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
How many times are you going to post this dude. Get your fucking yellow star like all the other vendors if you want to pimp your stuff. You've posted this on way too many forums with little or no post count to NOT be employed by these people, so pay the fuck up!
weak:thefinger:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Performance Coil Update

Well, I have been running the new performance coil, wires and plugs for just over a month now, unfortunately have not been wheeling yet:( I used to average 14.8 mpg. I am currently averaging 16.5. It adds up. Power wise, it feels much smoother while accelerating, and especially noticeable on the on/off ramps when you need a little extra boost to merge. Hope this helps someone. And those of you who cry about my posts on multiple forums,,DON'T READ THEM!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, i went with autolite platinum on the recommendation from performance distributors. they need to be gapped as well

·
Official Monkey Business
12,216 Posts
This post helped me, so thanks:beer: Pretty low cost performance boost.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Is this Bogus? Seems like everyone would have had this
Mod years ago with results like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts