JKOwners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
There is a green and a blue wire coming out near the bussman fuse block that I believe you said were the controls for the fan when I decide to upgrade to the pentastar fan.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
There is a green and a blue wire coming out near the bussman fuse block that I believe you said were the controls for the fan when I decide to upgrade to the pentastar fan.
We breakout a connector with two wires(blue-green) for fan control with our harness. We use the stock JK fan controls on many builds and have the option to use the GM ECM to control the fans. We can support single DC fan motors, dual DC fan motors and various variable speed fan motors using these two wires. The ECM must be programmed for the fan you are running.

·
Registered
506 Posts
We breakout a connector with two wires(blue-green) for fan control with our harness. We use the stock JK fan controls on many builds and have the option to use the GM ECM to control the fans. We can support single DC fan motors, dual DC fan motors and various variable speed fan motors using these two wires. The ECM must be programmed for the fan you are running.
Ok. I know I asked you to make sure to program the ECM for the pentastar fan upgrade even though I wasn't going to put one in right away when you sent me the ECM. Other than actually installing the fan, is there a way to tell if the ECM was in fact programed? ( this is Jon from Ohio who had to get my ECM reprogramed due to the speedo being off by 7mph the first time).

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Ok. I know I asked you to make sure to program the ECM for the pentastar fan upgrade even though I wasn't going to put one in right away when you sent me the ECM. Other than actually installing the fan, is there a way to tell if the ECM was in fact programed? ( this is Jon from Ohio who had to get my ECM reprogramed due to the speedo being off by 7mph the first time).
If you asked us to set up the ECM for a Pentstar fan even though you are not using it we would have. You can still run the stock JK fan control through the TIPM, then when you are ready add the Pentstar fan.

·
Registered
506 Posts
If you asked us to set up the ECM for a Pentstar fan even though you are not using it we would have. You can still run the stock JK fan control through the TIPM, then when you are ready add the Pentstar fan.
Ok. I just bought one today from the dealer. Going to make my own harness with 8 gauge wire and a 100amp fuseable link. I should be able to command the fan on with my scanner to make sure everything is working correctly then,right?
Also which wire do I tie into for the fan control. Blue or green or both?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Ok. I just bought one today from the dealer. Going to make my own harness with 8 gauge wire and a 100amp fuseable link. I should be able to command the fan on with my scanner to make sure everything is working correctly then,right?
Also which wire do I tie into for the fan control. Blue or green or both?
I don't remember off the top of my head but it's the wire going to pin #58 connector 1 of the GM ECM. 8 gauge wire is fine. In our harness we include the connector so the fan plugs in, without the connector butt splice the wires securely.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I bought the pigtail from the dealer also that plugs into the fan. Want to do it right!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Whats the P/N for the connector for the pentastar fan? I need to make my harness as I am getting close to starting this thing finally.
I can let you know tomorrow. That's when they are dropping off the fan and pigtail.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I would really appreciate that as my Google fu isn't strong enough. I Googled around for 15 minutes before I gave up to wait for a response here.
The dealer I got my fan from sent me the wrong pigtail..they are trying to find the right one now.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Last I checked Chrysler was only servicing that connector with the harness, it's been a while and things may have changed but good luck.
If they cant locate one can I buy one from you then?

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
This plug has an interesting story. This plug is used both on the SS fan and the Pentstar fan so you'd think it would be easy to get. Early on we tried Digikey, Mouser.... to no avail. We considered just using a HD 3 terminal connector but then the customer would have to cut and crimp. We tried to purchase the connector through the manufacturers but neither would sell to us as they claimed it was a propitiatory connector; whatever seemed stupid.

To make a short story long it was John at Overland Performance that approached the actual supplier in Europe and purchased the components, he had to purchase a large quantity so we went in with him. Give John at Overland Performance a call, if he can't help you get one we will. I was hoping they would be available by now but since we have many in stock I haven't looked.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.