JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody on here done this yet?

Needed something to do with the new JKU while I'm saving up for UD60's.

Bought 5 rolls from Home Depot and stripped the interior out. Man, it's a pretty tough job getting it all down around so many uneven surfaces and trying to make it look neat!

Started on it Monday evening and working a couple hours each night. A lot slower than I was expecting!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Okay, maybe I'm behind the curve, but what exactly is the purpose of using Peel 'n' Seal in the body tub?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, maybe I'm behind the curve, but what exactly is the purpose of using Peel 'n' Seal in the body tub?
Many use it as an affordable alternative to Dynamat brand type products.
I am using it to reduce noise and heat through the tub.
Generally you will experience a quieter cab, cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter.
I will be making the headliners next and bedlining the inside of the hard top for the complete package.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hate to tell ya but independent test have shown peel and seal do very little to reduce vibration. Furthermore dampeners do even less to actually block noise. With that being said, you will want to lay a quality dampening product over 25% of the metal surface followed with a isolation layer of CCF and finally a layer of 1LB per sq. ft. MLV for a sound barrier.

I started mine with 28 sq ft of Stinger Road Kill. A lower end of acceptable range product. Followed with a layer of Spray Dead. I will probably use CCF and MLV from a higher end source. As that's where the real difference in flooring will be had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
P.S. For what it's worth, Hot Headliners are well worth the money for your hard top.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info, it's all done. I can look into spraying something over it later.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Started on the top today. Hated the white interior of the hardtop so first thing is spraying some black aerosol bedliner. Next, I picked up materials from Home Depot going by another helpful thread on here to make my own headliners.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used VHT epoxy spray in a satin finish. It matched the sheen of the dash and door panels almost exactly. Very durable and doesn't show finger prints

·
Registered
21 Posts
Everyone with a jk that sees my interior immediately wants to do theirs. The best part is it's a super cheap mod. I used 3 cans at $7.99 each and 2 scotch brite pads. That's it. Headliner panels I highly recommend though as it made an audible improvement in road noise and HUGE difference in heat control.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hate to tell you BFYTW, that despite what independent tests say about peel n seal, it works great and has been for 5 years in my ride. I'm tired of people who have spent to much trying to quiet down or stop heat from coming into the cab, down playing a cheap solution because they have to defend the amount on money they have spent.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Eh. Some people think Rough Country and Pro Comp make great lifts for a fraction of the price..
Whatever floats your boat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts