JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not so much a write up but my person outcome. I thought I would try it and it if looked like dog poo I would buy new fenders anyway. Turned out better than expected so I thought I would post the paint I used and my technique. Pics show front painted only for compare. Paint I use posted in pic. I washed the fenders off the jeep with Comet and hot water. I sprayed painted them using very light coats so not to fill in the texture if that make since. I noticed if I sprayed too heavy of a coat the texture fills in and the paint looks more gloss and causes a patchy look. So very light coats. Waited about 3 hours between 3 coats. Will see how it holds up but at least its better than what it did look like. After some dirt and mud shouldn't matter anyway. :)

Just as important the color of the black is a very very close match to the roof as far as the "gloss" is concerned. I think it's good enough where most people wouldn't pass by and think "Damn, he spray canned that crap!"

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't last long in my experience. My fenders are so faded it was a lost cause.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Better

I learned that misting the paint on works great!. You lose alot of paint in the air but the patchy look is greatly reduced. Bumper pics out in the sun after spraying last coat.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts