JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was on my way out this afternoon and when I walked by my Jeep something caught my eye on the nose of my hood, but not quite on the end...more like on the nose but in the middle of the hood. MISSING PAINT! The paint was missing down to the primer; about a fingernail's worth of it. It is also bubbling up around the area where it's missing.

I made sure to take a good look for any sign of what may have caused the damage; a rock chip gone bad, a ding, bird shit, anything. I wasn't able to come up with a conclusion as to what caused it.

I have an appointment with the dealership tomorrow afternoon and apparently the dealership manager has to examine it and make a decision from there. Given Chrysler's track record in the past for honoring any sort of work pertaining to either warranties or otherwise, I'm not feeling confident this issue will be resolved and I'm imagining myself bent over with spread buttcheeks and a gaping rectum after all is said and done...and an empty wallet.

So, has anyone else had any weird paint issue or is this something that may just be "one of those things?"

·
Premium Member
4,937 Posts
Door hinge paint issues-yes

Roll bar not fully painted-yes

Odd random bubble/missing paint-no

Sounds like toxic bird shit that washed off or some type of solvent from the road maybe.

I drove my old Nissan over some newly installed road reflectors once and the shit they use for adhesive fucked that paint up-it was a lease and I just used a small bottle of touchup when I turned it in on the bare spots:D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Sounds like toxic bird shit that washed off or some type of solvent from the road maybe.

I drove my old Nissan over some newly installed road reflectors once and the shit they use for adhesive fucked that paint up-it was a lease and I just used a small bottle of touchup when I turned it in on the bare spots:D

I don't think I'm gonna be able to cover this with touchup paint. Basically, the paint is peeling away from the damaged area, kinda like an onion.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Well mine was getting all chipped up from road rocks, so I sanded the front part of my hood and bed lined the shit out of it. Its about 5-7" wide and goes all the way across the hood. looks nice if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts

This ^^^^^ Mostly the door hinge and hood hinge but thats about it

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well mine was getting all chipped up from road rocks, so I sanded the front part of my hood and bed lined the shit out of it. Its about 5-7" wide and goes all the way across the hood. looks nice if you ask me.
Pics?

Someone mentioned a louver but the top of the hood isn't where the issue is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts