·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Mine is with me always as well.

This will be a fun thread.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Of course guns are on the trail. Right next to the beer and pint o' whiskey. :thefinger:

DROID 2... I has one.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Stay away from the beverages with your pistola!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Its always in the center console when I go out wheeling.

Have you seen how many tweeked out Meth heads Idaho has? Last thing I want to do is run into one out in the middle of no where....

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
I am not sure I'd wheel with a guy who has a loaded gun bouncing around in his Jeep.

:laughing:

That thing could go off and kill me, my children, and my children's unborn children, my dog, my passenger, my radiator, a squirrel, my windshield, ect. I mean come on guys, if we aren't going to have a beer with lunch there is no way that a weapon should be allowed either.

What if I say you took a stupid line and you drank too much Mountain Dew and you shoot me over it?

:thefinger::laughing::laughing::innocent:

·
Registered
342 Posts
NO WAY. No guns on the trail. Guns are dangerous. If I see someone carrying a gun I will make sure that I don't jeep with them.

But seriously I always carry, lots of meth heads in the desert

·
Registered
606 Posts
Often but not always where legal. Its not legal everywhere around here and in MD no loaded guns (or even loaded magazines kept out of the gun) in a car without the too damn difficult to get concealed permit. That is why MD is referred to as The People Rupublic of Maryland.

Almost always have a shotgun, rifle or 22 in the Jeep though, even if unloaded.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, the only thing the government ever got right.:thefinger:

This was sent from my computer using my fucking keyboard.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Often but not always where legal. Its not legal everywhere around here and in MD no loaded guns (or even loaded magazines kept out of the gun) in a car without the too damn difficult to get concealed permit. That is why MD is referred to as The People Rupublic of Maryland.

Almost always have a shotgun, rifle or 22 in the Jeep though, even if unloaded.
I'm so glad that I left that God forsaken state back in 1985 and moved South.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Are there really that many crazed tweakers out in the wild where you guys wheel?

Are they like zombies? Come up to your car looking for peanuts?
In Johnson Valley the tweekers sometimes come thru camp while everyone is on the trail looking for stuff that was left out. They also come by and ask to go thru your trash looking for cans.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Are there really that many crazed tweakers out in the wild where you guys wheel?

Are they like zombies? Come up to your car looking for peanuts?
Yup, I run into at least one a year in the forest. Not personally but I have heard several tales of gettin shot at, etc...

I prefer to have the option of returning fire. ;)

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
Yup, I run into at least one a year in the forest. Not personally but I have heard several tales of gettin shot at, etc...

I prefer to have the option of returning fire. ;)
Damn...that is wild! I didn't think of something like this happening.

Everyone in Texas is liable to shoot you so I think they must steer somewhat clear. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
I always carry, regardless of whether on trails or camping. When we go camping, I also bring along my Mossberg 590 loaded with 00 buck shot. If we're hiking on a trail, I open-carry my Sig 229 and lock up the shotgun in the Jeep. When on the trail in the Jeep, I keep the 229 in the center console or the door pocket if the doors are on.

I don't like sharing my peanuts with zombies.

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
I have to bring my gun with me. My arm gets tired thowing rocks at all the empty beer cans. Plus, it's much more fun to shoot at them.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts