JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having an issue with the P06de fault code...research told me to change the oil sensor...did that. Ran for about 150 miles and it came back on?!? My 2014 does not give have an independent oil pressure gauge or read out...nor do I have the oil filter cap and set to test but keep runs great and no indicators of a oil pump issue.

Only other thing Ive seen is a potential software update required?

this all started about a week ago...had a separate code for an oxygen sensor on the driver side...that turned out to be a bad pigtail that came loose and cooked itself on engine...replaced with a donor and that code disappeared...at that time I also put in new plugs.

Jeep has 130k miles...hence reason to do the plugs...ran for two days about 50 miles and got the P06de fault...changed oil and filter, reset and cam back after 30 miles...then pulled sensor and thought I was good hit about 150 of street and highway and it popped again...not happy took awhile to get to that sensor...

Any ideas?

·
Registered
694 Posts
As this site has a lot of information, you might try searching it. You can also try searching the internet with your favorite search engine. Then when you have exhausted that, come back here detailing what else you've tried and searched for. This helps everyone to help you better.

And if you decide you're going to stick around here, drop by the Welcome Room and introduce yourself.

Good luck... ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As this site has a lot of information, you might try searching it. You can also try searching the internet with your favorite search engine. Then when you have exhausted that, come back here detailing what else you've tried and searched for. This helps everyone to help you better.

And if you decide you're going to stick around here, drop by the Welcome Room and introduce yourself.

Good luck... ;)

Good luck... ;)
Thanks Will, actually did both...how I found the hint to replace the oil sensor...going to reset the code again and see if maybe it doesn’t come back...afraid it’s a software issue (needing an update) or maybe bad wiring harnass?
Don’t know if I did something when I changed the plugs? It’s not a common code...when I hooked it up to the reader at local auto zone they told me P06de is a “dealer code” so maybe not a do it yourself fix.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Dont take advise from a parts store. Dealer code is a joke. You just need to have it scanned with a professional scanner to see exactly what's going on.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
694 Posts
Doing a quick search on the internet, I came across how to test the catalytic converter:

Which came from this page:

If you have a infrared temperature meter, you could at least gauge if the catalytic converters are defective.

In addition, the following link from this site has some good information:

So what I'm getting out here is by searching and detailing what you searched for can help you before you take it to the dealer. That even if you need to after performing some of your own tests.

Good luck... ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had this same issue. The dealer replaced sensor and a couple weeks later it popped again. They replaced the oil pump and no problems since then

1 - 7 of 7 Posts