JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really just venting here, but I personally will make my purchasing decisions based upon aspects of a company's integrity... not simply on their prices.

I feel that on any given forum that manufacturers and retailers should respect not only the other vendors and members but also the advice given to them by the people that monitor the particular forums content.

When a vendor on any given forum is politely asked to refrain from making many multiple posts and/or bumps daily, but yet they disregard that request, I believe that it should serve as a reminder to potential customers who they decide to do business with.

The reasons that vendors are asked to refrain from aggressively bumping a multitude of sales ad's per day is two-fold. One reason is because that particular vendor is monopolizing the forum and subsequently pushing all other content off of the first/ current topic page. And the other reason is that it is a slap in the face to other competing or even non-competing vendors who are also on the forum to sell their goods and services.

I can understand an honest mistake along with a regretful "We will try to refrain, minimize bumping, respect the wishes of admin, etc..." but to essentially say "Even though you asked us not to, we will instead disregard the suggestions and disregard the other content of this board so just go piss off" well... that is where I must make the decision to speak up.

So... whatever forum you guys frequent... please just be aware of the integrity of who you are doing business with and whether or not you want to spend your money with them or with someone else.

Thanks for reading.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,099 Posts
Well since you started.

Or when a member posts a question about or to a vendor and 2 or 3 other vendors chime in with their product.:suicide:

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well since you started.

Or when a member posts a question about or to a vendor and 2 or 3 other vendors chime in with their product.:suicide:
Absolutely agree with that. Reason I make no mention of that however, is due to that kind of instance usually being a harmless mistake ( a little overly aggressive but generally quickly dissolved with a swift slap on the wrist by other members). Also it's not something that winds up destroying an entire page worth of content. Not every vendor has the luxury of sitting on this board all day long so they might post up or bump early morning before they have to log off and then within minutes their efforts have vanished into 2nd-3rd page. Regardless of any of that, my main complaint is when suggestions by admin are completely disregarded.

·
22,099 Posts
Absolutely agree with that. Reason I make no mention of that however, is due to that kind of instance usually being a harmless mistake ( a little overly aggressive but generally quickly dissolved with a swift slap on the wrist by other members). Also it's not something that winds up destroying an entire page worth of content. Not every vendor has the luxury of sitting on this board all day long so they might post up or bump early morning before they have to log off and then within minutes their efforts have vanished into 2nd-3rd page. Regardless of any of that, my main complaint is when suggestions by admin are completely disregarded.
Just playing devils advocate but most of us know that when your tone changes that it is time to go look for other threads to post in. Maybe they don't know you like we do. Or on the other hand they just say fuck it and do it anyways.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Naw... I know. You know I'm as harmless as they get so it's pretty bad if I feel the need to send out a warning or rant.

·
22,099 Posts
Naw... I know. You know I'm as harmless as they get so it's pretty bad if I feel the need to send out a warning or rant.
That's what I mean. When you step in and say "go elsewhere and quit fucking up this thread" in your sweet Texan way, we all take that serious.

Maybe you need to be blunt with them.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
That's what I mean. When you step in and say "go elsewhere and quit fucking up this thread" in your sweet Texan way, we all take that serious.

Maybe you need to smoke a blunt with them.
FIFY:thefinger:

·
Registered
916 Posts
Really just venting here, but I personally will make my purchasing decisions based upon aspects of a company's integrity... not simply on their prices....

Inquiring minds wanna know how you feel about Rancho's false advertising claims & their "integrity" concerning their mis-represented country of origin on their high-steer knuckles?

Also not only on their high-steer knuckles, but on the other 5% of products not made in the USA but falsely advertised as "Made In The USA".....or maybe that should be 10%+ since Rancho can't get their story straight if 95% or 90% of their products are US made?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Really just venting here, but I personally will make my purchasing decisions based upon aspects of a company's integrity... not simply on their prices.

Rephrased for the overly sensitive....

I WANT TO KNOW how you feel about Rancho's false advertising claims & their "integrity" concerning their mis-represented country of origin on their high-steer knuckles?

Also not only on their high-steer knuckles, but on the other 5% of products not made in the USA but falsely advertised as "Made In The USA".....or maybe that should be 10%+ since Rancho can't get their story straight if 95% or 90% of their products are US made?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Not to piss anyone off, but I believe ANY company can represent a product as being "made" in the U.S. of A. as long as it is ASSEMBLED here. I could be wrong, but I swear I heard/read that somewhere...

Is that how they get away with it?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Not to piss anyone off, but I believe ANY company can represent a product as being "made" in the U.S. of A. as long as it is ASSEMBLED here. I could be wrong, but I swear I heard/read that somewhere...

Christensent actually had a great post concerning this on JKF. In a nutshell:

Just throwing it out there that it is literally illegal to have that in the template of your website unless 100% of your products meet the made in USA requirements, I'd recommend taking the time to get it fixed:

"Representations about entire product lines
Manufacturers and marketers should not indicate, either expressly or implicitly, that a whole product line is of U.S. origin ("Our products are made in USA") when only some products in the product line are made in the U.S. according to the "all or virtually all" standard."

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-made-usa-standard

Any products "assembled" in the USA will be designated as such. Assembled in the USA vs. Made In the USA have a distinct line separating the 2.

·
Registered
333 Posts

Christensent actually had a great post concerning this on JKF. In a nutshell:

Just throwing it out there that it is literally illegal to have that in the template of your website unless 100% of your products meet the made in USA requirements, I'd recommend taking the time to get it fixed:

"Representations about entire product lines
Manufacturers and marketers should not indicate, either expressly or implicitly, that a whole product line is of U.S. origin ("Our products are made in USA") when only some products in the product line are made in the U.S. according to the "all or virtually all" standard."

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-made-usa-standard

Any products "assembled" in the USA will be designated as such. Assembled in the USA vs. Made In the USA have a distinct line separating the 2.

Good to know. I sit on my ass corrected.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Don't worry JeepGirl, we know school is almost over and you teachers turn your brain off for the summer.
Mine is rarely on anyway.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm [naturally] blonde and a decent percentage Polish. That's all the excuse I need.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I think Rancho needs to be honest and change their website. I have had 3 pairs of their shocks and wont bother with anything else unless they have a little truth in advertising. I read the knuckle post and then went and looked at their site and it absolutely is laid out so you believe you are buying a usa made knuckle. not cool at all.

·
Registered
916 Posts
...and to think I almost gave up on this forum. Glad to see members who still understand the concept of "integrity" and have an ounce of moral fiber in their bodies to give a shit.

Godspeed to those that give a damn. May you have a very happy and safe holiday weekend.

·
Registered
333 Posts
So, there is not much hope for you...
Probably true.

Depends on what kind of hope you're talking about though. I was smart enough (or, rather probably dumb enough) to get my M.A. in educational leadership with a 4.0 GPA.

Other than that, my life is a hot mess, so... no hope there at the moment.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts