JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, this has been going on for awhile, I've taken it to the dealership and they cant even figure whats wrong. So when I'm driving for a certain period of time, the engine will get hot, the gauge will read a little bit more than half way. It only gets hot when the AC is on. Depending on how high the fan is when the AC is on depends on how hot it will get. I've had a radiator sensor changed, thermostat changed, I've tuned the engine fans to turn on at a lower temperature, and I've flushed the cooling system. Also, sometimes when I drive around and its not overheating, coolant will come out of the its tank. I see it on my axles and on the ground, It hasn't done it in a few days, It was empty then I topped it off. It does it when I drive short distances, maybe a hose leak? But the tank is not boiling so I dont see why it would come out of the spout. Also the engine is not smoking when it gets hot. Please help. I'll try to answer questions as best as I can.

· Registered
366 Posts

· Registered
1,060 Posts
I have been having problems with mine as well.

Have you had an cel on?
Did you notice when over hearing and bubbling over whether the cooling fan is on?

My problem has bee intermittent for years now. Each time a cel comes on but I didn't know why till I had the trail dash. Open high speed fan circuit. I heard there is a really behind the passenger side headlight? (Not sure though) and that can be a problem.

Recently I stop the jeep and the fan stayed on with the key out of the ignition. Sounds like a sticky relay for sure now. That has only happened once. It usually has a problem with the fan coming on.

It was not until someone asked me the same question that I found the fan was not coming on.

Anyone can chime in who has a similar experience and tell us how it maybe solved with actual experience.

· It never ends...
2,904 Posts
If everything is hooked up right, check to be sure your ac radiator is clean along with you engine radiator. I was having some overheating issues on my jeeps recently and I had a filthy ac radiator--after cleaning, I was running ok again.

· Registered
17 Posts
For those of you with 2014's you might want to be aware of this TSB. I just had my new JKUR in for service ("burping the radiator/cooling system") and they found this TSB (below). Apparently, some (all?) Jeeps are coming from the factory with the cooling fans turned off.

BSB # 08-069-13
"Cooling fans not active. TIPM needs reconfiguration."

I tried to post this in the TSB section but my low post count won't allow it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.