JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
This is last minute for me. I just got assigned to a new ship out of Norfolk VA and we are deploying here in the next couple of weeks. The deal is that with the work schedule I have 72 hours off this weekend. Im not from the area as I hail from PA... could the experts out there tell me of all the great places to go down there. Ideally I would like find a spot where I could drive around on the beach for a bit, find a nice place to park the jeep - again on the beach or as close as possible so I can open the back hatch, fold down my rear seats and inflate my air mattress, build a camp fire and relax for a couple days. Enjoying the cool breeze, the peaceful sound, some good campfire cooked food... Is that possible

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Ocracoke Island. My favorite spot down there. Nothing too touristy and great food and sudsy beverage places. Plus the ferry ride over is always a nice relaxing float. My mom and stepdad live here in KY, but have a place down there, so I try to make it once a year at least. I don't think they've moved on the beach traffic being closed yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts