JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished an amazing weekend in Ouray, Colorado! Here are some pics from the run today!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I heard Engineer and Cinnamon were open. It looks like you had a good time.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I was there this weekend too, but didnt have my jeep...arg! What trail has the high snow wall...California?

nice rig too!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Damn, can't believe there is still that much snow!!

Jealous at HELL!!! I will be home in 33 days!! If the Jeep is back from MN we gotta plan a JKO-CO run!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The high snow pack was on California Pass...

Most of the day the thought in my head was

"holy crap I'd hate to be the guy on the bulldozer clearing these trails for the first time each spring"....it really is amazing how they do it.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Why the fuck did I ever move back to NY from CO.:suicide: Im an idiot. These pics made me jealous as all hell!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
My family and I are going July 21. Hopefully there will be other people from the forum there and we can hang out

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Man that would be a blast, thanks for posting the pics!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the comments! The whole experience was amazing. I hope to get back up to Ouray soon, in a warmer part of the year. But the snow walls were pretty cool.

I went out there alone but ran into a ton of other Jeeps and ended up hanging out with a couple other JK owners. Really a great time!

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Welcome to my back yard! This years snowpack was a bit low, but the spring warm up was almost unprecedented. Those trails aren't normally open until the first or second week of June. Even Imogene opened last week. Not sure about Poughkeepsie. Black Bear won't open for another month.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Why the fuck did I ever move back to NY from CO.:suicide: Im an idiot. These pics made me jealous as all hell!!!
LMAO! Back in '86 I got recruited by an import car mfr whose US HQ was in New Jersey. Like a fool I took the gig and got stuck there for 14 mostly miserable years. I bought a place here in '95 and made an escape plan to get back home. Worked it to a "T", never looked back. Although, in the dead of a normal mountain winter Arizona does sound pretty cool.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Did you drive your jeep there from Kansas?

·
Registered
62 Posts
sok66 do you live near Silverton? My family will be there in a month and a week and it'd be cool to have a "local" to hang out and ride some trails with.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Damn, that is beautiful. When I had my FJC they used to have their version of EJS every year out there. Hope to make in one day in the Jeep.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I really hope before I pass on to the after life I get to wheel out west. I spent a little time growing up in the far NW corner of Washington. I was young but I remember driving around in my uncles Toyotas in the mountains and it was awesome. Every time I go to visit family I vow to have my Jeep Shipped to Seattle. Fly there and get in it and tool around Washington then drive down to Tahoe and visit my aunt then drive back cross country hitting everything I can. Basically a one month wheeling vacation. I am giving myself until I turn 40 to get it done.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I really hope before I pass on to the after life I get to wheel out west. I spent a little time growing up in the far NW corner of Washington. I was young but I remember driving around in my uncles Toyotas in the mountains and it was awesome. Every time I go to visit family I vow to have my Jeep Shipped to Seattle. Fly there and get in it and tool around Washington then drive down to Tahoe and visit my aunt then drive back cross country hitting everything I can. Basically a one month wheeling vacation. I am giving myself until I turn 40 to get it done.
You let me know, I'll do it with you. I drove out to Colorado and Moab last summer, but didn't have the Jeep due to a trailer issue :nono:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts