JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and gents,
Just thought I would post to share an incredible experience with some switches for my sPod. Allow me to start by saying that I have been a mobile electronics enthusiast for the past 17 years or so and I have dealt with many many aftermarket suppliers. In all of that time, I have never experienced customer service as good as I have with Jim from over the river and through the woods switches. This man is truly an expert in his field and cares about his customers. He was designing switches for me until the wee hours of last night and his attention to detail is impeccable. Can't wait to receive the finished product in the mail. Now, I have no affiliation with him or his company but I will say that I would recommend them to anyone looking for this type of product. Again, a great experience, and here's a free plug for his business. If you read this post Jim, thanks again for customer service that is second to none!!!!

http://www.otrattw.com/

· Registered
2,535 Posts
Those switches are sexy. I'll be ordering a few up soon.

· Registered
625 Posts
I sent him an email through his site several months ago with a few questions about availability and never heard back from him.
That makes me sad. As my work schedule doesn't allow me to call during regular business hours.

I'll give them a second chance though.

· Official Monkey Business
12,216 Posts
I got all of my s-Pod switch covers from them. They have a great collection.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scout,
Please do. I was emailing back and forth yesterday and got a reply every time. FWIW I'm VERY picky about details and I have no doubt that these will be awesome. It's the little things that make my JK mine. I'll be sure to post pics when complete

· Registered
625 Posts
I designed the faceplate and had a friend cut it for me. it's 3mm thick aluminum with filled in engraving. I chose blue because all the switch lights will be blue. and the aluminum also helps as a heat sink for the amp behind it and the radio which gets hot.
with how craptacular the stereo was and how convenient the location would be while strapped into a 5 point harness I figured it'd be a good start.

I've thought about designing some for selling THIS IS NOT A PITCH IM NOT TRYING TO SELL THESE
but if you're interested I may make a few more.

what do you think?

· Registered
625 Posts
Back on topic I ordered some switches from OTRATTW last night and Jim called me today to clarify a switch that has a few options that weren't listed to make sure I got what I wanted.

Fantastic service!

· Registered
3,411 Posts
He is a great guy. He is local to me and when I got my Spod he let me come down to his place and pick up the switches. Talked to him for a while and he is a cool dude. Plus the custom switch covers are bad ass!

· Registered
15 Posts
Totally agree, ordered custom rockers for my sPod Thanksgiving week and received them same week. Too bad all suppliers aren't this great to deal with.

· Registered
27 Posts
Agreed! Ordered last week, then decided to add to my order two days later. I spoke to Jim on the phone, and was glad to hear that he was very busy. In today's "WalMart" age, it's good to know that you can still get outstanding customer service and a quality product at a fair price while supporting a small business! Thanks Jim! Looking forward to seeing my switches! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.