JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is more of a show & tell, rather than a write up, but yesterday we put on ORO's SwayLOC (dual rate swaybar):

Update:
I couldn't get the SwayLOC done in time for last weeks desert wheeling, as the safety chain attach points interfered with the SwayLOC arms and I don't have a welder or torch to reposition them. So.......

Yesterday I hopped down to Xtreme and we put the thing on:

Old swaybar (with disconnect motor and 50 pin connector) hanging in frame:

Old swaybar on the floor:

New inner bar, outer bar, bushing and mounting bracket:

Passenger side arm:

Driver side arms and disconnect:

Connected to arms & axle:

Plug into AiROCK wiring harness:

Connect air lines:

A little plasma action to trim front skid for clearance:

Final pic - JK on floor, bags inflated, SwayLOC ready to go:

Andy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Andy

Looks Great - be sure to give an update on how well it works

Dennis's site should be updated to show him working his majic on the JK's

Brian

·
Registered
689 Posts
Looks good, did you feel a need to replace the stock setup? I had the Sway Loc in my TJ and loved it. The JK disconnect system that i have on my 07 Rubicon seems to work well, Just curious?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Looks nice. I may do this eventually. It's at least on the list.

Ron

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good, did you feel a need to replace the stock setup? I had the Sway Loc in my TJ and loved it. The JK disconnect system that i have on my 07 Rubicon seems to work well, Just curious?
I got fed up of 'waiting' for the stock bar do to its thing (lock or unlock). Primarily I wanted to be able to disconnect in 2wd and not have the puter try and reconnect if I was moving too fast.

Andy

·
Registered
578 Posts
How are the clearances when articulating? Do the ends of the arms hit the shock cups?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Andy,

I'm trying to talk myself into buying the manual version but I'm on the fence. I've read horror stories as well as glowing recommendations so I'm sort of unsure of the quality of the product.

Any bits of info that you haven't already covered would help me out a lot.

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had one on my '04 TJ and now the JK. I've only used the version connected to the AiROCK system (on both jeeps). I've seen posts from way back when the system first came out on the TJ about folks breaking arms, but I think that was years ago. I've not seen/heard anything but good reviews in recent memory.

Andy

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had the system on my TJ as well and loved it! How long did it take to install? ORO claims1-3 hours

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had the system on my TJ as well and loved it! How long did it take to install? ORO claims1-3 hours
I don't remember to be honest. Probably 1hr if you've done it before and all the air lines are in place and have a good shop. 3 otherwise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts