JKOwners Forum banner

Should I save up for Offroad Heros or pull the trigger on Bestop Trektop NX?

• Offroad Heros Cargo (I love the look of the SUT)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Bestop Trektop NX (I love the sunrider option, and price)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold my ORH Top because i needed some quick cash and well i have that taken care of now, and need some advise.

Should I save up and go back with ORH or is the new trektop nx a good buy?

What are the "honest" opinions of trektop nx owners?
Pros/Cons
Any info would help, I dont want to waste the cash on bestop if its not anywhere near as good as Tim's Tops

And on another note anyone have one of Tim's newest Cargo tops yet?
Has he fixed the leak problem in around the roll bar on the deck cover?

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
i had the first gen trektop and then replaced it with the nx and was very happy!!!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I have the ORH top fastback style...should have gotten the dual top option as the SUT style is pretty cool. Works great as a bikini style too, great fit and quite weatherproof. I swap to my hard top in winter which should keep teh ORH top lasting longer. It is def worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
I have the ORH top on all year round and love it ...I've seen the NX and it looks cool/well made. I understand it's a bit of an engineering nightmare to install, but very solid once it's on.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

·
Registered
214 Posts
It does take a while to get an ORH top but I love mine. It is tight, doesn't leak, looks good, etc... If you're not in a hurry it is a great way to go.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It does take a while to get an ORH top but I love mine. It is tight, doesn't leak, looks good, etc... If you're not in a hurry it is a great way to go.

Yeh I've already had one and it was hard to think of goin back to bestop after having one, since having the 1st gen trek top I know why they called them rag tops.... ORH is by far superior top

·
RIP Brad
3,762 Posts
Worst Jeep purchase yet..... the ORH top. As long as you can wait, deal with a crackhead that lies more than he breaths, and then pray you'll NEVER need the thing warranted, get the ORH, but if you want to buy from a reputable company, buy the Trektop. You do realize Besttop is the OEM for Jeep tops, right?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I had the first gen trektop and it was a pice of shit. that being said I now have the NX and I love it. They really thought this one out and the sunrider is easy and quick for a little air. I also like how the rear sail windows come out and make in an instant Bikini top.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I can only speak for the NX but I love mine.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update: ordered my cargo top on
1-30-12 and arrived 3-1-12.
Tim is on top of his game, I haven't installed yet because the beast is getting power windows and locks installed as we speak but as soon as she gets back I will get it installed and pics posted to show the new design.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Update: ordered my cargo top on
1-30-12 and arrived 3-1-12.
Tim is on top of his game, I haven't installed yet because the beast is getting power windows and locks installed as we speak but as soon as she gets back I will get it installed and pics posted to show the new design.
Thats good news....

enjoy!

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Worst Jeep purchase yet..... the ORH top. As long as you can wait, deal with a crackhead that lies more than he breaths, and then pray you'll NEVER need the thing warranted, get the ORH, but if you want to buy from a reputable company, buy the Trektop. You do realize Besttop is the OEM for Jeep tops, right?
Sooooo what are you saying here?

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I like the NX and i heard ORH is a GREAT product swell!!!! get the one you like the best!!! thats the only way it will work!!!!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Sooooo what are you saying here?
Run a search on ORH on here. You will find tons of info. The short version is that ORH is a very high quality product, however customer service, wait times, and follow through with issues on their part has been less than stellar.

·
V8 dreams
3,567 Posts
Ready to see pics. I have the trektop version right before the nx. And a buddy has the nx. Both r good tops, but I'm not sold on how the nx folds back, as my version just rolled back and was tighter for highway driving.

Vandy

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Run a search on ORH on here. You will find tons of info. The short version is that ORH is a very high quality product, however customer service, wait times, and follow through with issues on their part has been less than stellar.
Tim from ORH has been stocking more tops and has been making his claimed wait times. If you can get a top that's in stock, some folks have gotten them in two weeks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts