JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just kidding.... but i am looking at these

is my Jeep 5X5, is 5X127 the same thing?

so a larger backspacing will have them sit out far from the vehical...offset? teach me the difference of these two below options...

18x9 wheel size
5x5 bolt pattern
4.53 backspacing
-12mm offset

18x9 wheel size
5x5 bolt pattern
5.71 backspacing
18mm offset

·
Registered
490 Posts
Yes, 5x127 is the same as 5x5.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
Just kidding.... but i am looking at these

is my Jeep 5X5, is 5X127 the same thing?

so a larger backspacing will have them sit out far from the vehical...offset? teach me the difference of these two below options...

18x9 wheel size
5x5 bolt pattern
4.53 backspacing
-12mm offset

18x9 wheel size
5x5 bolt pattern
5.71 backspacing
18mm offset
Great wheels!

5x5 is the same thing as 5 on 127.

Less backspacing = further out from the vehicle.

You want the 4.53 back spaced wheel, that 5.71 will NOT work because it will put your tire too close to the lower control arms in the front and the rear sway bar links and so on out back. You want 3.75" to 4.75" of back spacing with 4 - 4.5 being the sweet spot for fender coverage vs lack of rubbing. I run 4.75 on mine and my 37/1250s rub the lower control arms when I turn all the way. I only turn all the way when I'm ghost riding my whip. LOL

Let me know if you want to talk about pricing...I can meet or beat most.

Marcus

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great wheels!

5x5 is the same thing as 5 on 127.

Less backspacing = further out from the vehicle.

You want the 4.53 back spaced wheel, that 5.71 will NOT work because it will put your tire too close to the lower control arms in the front and the rear sway bar links and so on out back. You want 3.75" to 4.75" of back spacing with 4 - 4.5 being the sweet spot for fender coverage vs lack of rubbing. I run 4.75 on mine and my 37/1250s rub the lower control arms when I turn all the way. I only turn all the way when I'm ghost riding my whip. LOL

Let me know if you want to talk about pricing...I can meet or beat most.

Marcus
thanks for the info, also looking at the Misfit... i'll let you know before i buy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts