JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, not yet a Jeep owner but will be hopefully by the end of the year or beginning of 2014. I was pretty set on a 2 door Rubicon but after doing some research and lurking the forum for a bit I realized I could buy a base model Sport and build what I wanted for about 7-10K less than a brand new Rubi with mods. Still unsure though if that would be a wise move. Anyways, I'm not new to the wheeling world (coming from the FJ side of the house:shitstorm:)but I am new to the Jeep world. I'm going on my 3rd deployment to Afghan land and have set up a "Jeep Fund". Here is what I have currently on the mods list. Any opinions would be great. Mods are not in a particular order.

-2013 Sport, 2 door, soft top, Auto (I will kill to many clutches while wheeling)
-Stock Dana 44 rear with ARB Locker
-Dynatrac PR44 front with ARB Locker, Synergy ball joints, 4.88 gears, RCV Shafts, Reid Racing knuckles, 1310 yoke
-RK 2.5" Max Travel
-Level 8 Tracker wheels 15" with either Km2 or Mud Country 35's (Ran Mud Country's and dug to China, twice)
-Evo skids (full)

Still debating on what bumpers to run. I'm currently at FT. Drum but will be PCSing (again) to Lewis shortly after I return. So wheeling will be plentiful. Just wanted to get everything in line while deployed. Thanks for any input.

· Registered
400 Posts
Welcome to JKO! :beer: Sounds like you have a solid plan for your rig already. Be safe over there and we all appreciate your service.

· Official Monkey Business
8,910 Posts
Welcome to JKO. Thanks for your service.

You have a solid build plan, good work:beer:

· Official Monkey Business
8,910 Posts
Just do your research on the 15" wheels. Some brands make contact with the brake caliper. You probably know this already but 17"s probably have the most tire brand / size choices.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I'm tracking on the tire size with wheels. I'm just a fan of more side wall. From what I've read Level 8's don't have an issue with clearing. I'll do some more looking around to verify. Appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.