JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This applies to those of you who already have an OR-Fab carrier on your JK.

This Pre-Order is for those individuals that already own either our 85207 (Tire & Can carrier) or our 85208 (Tire Only Carrier). We are treating this pre-order as a warranty service and will handle all inquiries directly through the factory. For those customer that want to purchase a new carrier arm for their OR-Fab carrier. That part number will be #ZW85209. For this pre-order, which will end May 31, 2011 we are selling this item for $173.63 plus shipping. This is the price ONLY for the replacement arm. To order the replacement arm, send me a PM with your name, shipping address, and a good time to call you. Do not PM me with credit card info!

You can also purchase the RotoPax 3 gallon gas cans (RX-3G) and Pack Mount Adapters (RX-PM) for $79.95 and $24.95 respectively. You can also purchase these from any RotoPax distributor probably for the same price.

For those folks that own the 85207 Tire & Can carrier, AND ONLY WANT AN ADAPTER TO WORK WITH THE RotoPax items. We have made an adapter for the carrier and assigned part number 87031. We are selling these adapters $15.55 each. You will need two if you plan on carrying two cans. You can see the adapters holding the RotoPax product in this image.

Tony

·
Registered
879 Posts
How many inches closer to the tailgate does the rotopax carrier sit vs. the jerry can carrier?

Also, how much would it be for the tire carrier only (#85208) arm? Trying to decide between the two.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Purchased the bicycle black carrier only in January of this year through Quadratec, I contacted Dale Hudson a in March to let him know that all of the paint was falling off and the hinge welds were cracking. I sent him pictures and numerous emails. He assured me it would be covered under warranty. Then, never responded to my emails until I threatened to post my review here.

He said he would send me replacement parts that very day. That was the first week of April. I called him four weeks ago and he acted surprised that I was still unsatisfied, yet I had still not received any warranty replacement parts. Two weeks later, I receive a box of replacement parts that was not only the wrong parts, but also the wrong finish! He said that he would send me out the proper parts in the proper finish immediately. Here I am weeks later and nothing yet? WTF?! Ive had just about enough of both ORFab AND P-A-G.

I dont believe a single thing Dale Hudson says as he has lied to me OUTRIGHT repeatedly. Yet there is no one else at P-A-G I can talk to.

What gives. Im going to start posting emails soon right here on this website. I dont want to have to do this, but I dont know how else to hold OR-Fab accountable for a poor product and THE ABSOLUTE WORST warranty support of any company I have ever worked with.

I have improper replacement parts, lies, and no idea when, or even IF you guys will ever get your subcontracting of finishes straightened out so I can get my warranty parts. :shaking::shaking::shaking:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Purchased the bicycle black carrier only in January of this year through Quadratec, I contacted Dale Hudson a in March to let him know that all of the paint was falling off and the hinge welds were cracking. I sent him pictures and numerous emails. He assured me it would be covered under warranty. Then, never responded to my emails until I threatened to post my review here.

He said he would send me replacement parts that very day. That was the first week of April. I called him four weeks ago and he acted surprised that I was still unsatisfied, yet I had still not received any warranty replacement parts. Two weeks later, I receive a box of replacement parts that was not only the wrong parts, but also the wrong finish! He said that he would send me out the proper parts in the proper finish immediately. Here I am weeks later and nothing yet? WTF?! Ive had just about enough of both ORFab AND P-A-G.

I dont believe a single thing Dale Hudson says as he has lied to me OUTRIGHT repeatedly. Yet there is no one else at P-A-G I can talk to.

What gives. Im going to start posting emails soon right here on this website. I dont want to have to do this, but I dont know how else to hold OR-Fab accountable for a poor product and THE ABSOLUTE WORST warranty support of any company I have ever worked with.

I have improper replacement parts, lies, and no idea when, or even IF you guys will ever get your subcontracting of finishes straightened out so I can get my warranty parts. :shaking::shaking::shaking:
I have no personal experience with their customer service but this ^^^ goes against everything I have read to date about the way ORFab treats their customers. I have heard nothing but good things until this post. That aside, something like this should be dealt with in dirty laundry, not where a vendor is trying to showcase a new product....

... Which, by the way, Im very interested in! x2 on being curious how much less it sticks out. Looks great guys! I will be getting your tire carrier in some form as soon as I get enough saved :bounce:

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
718 Posts
just a thought .... if you retrofit the original can carrier with the rotopax attachment and remove those rubber bumper things on your tailgate would you be able to stack the rotopax 2 containers deep?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Thanks for your post Rubired. Let us know if things don't get resolved as some of us are on the fence on this purchase.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

sent you a PM

Tony

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just a thought .... if you retrofit the original can carrier with the rotopax attachment and remove those rubber bumper things on your tailgate would you be able to stack the rotopax 2 containers deep?
Good question! I'll look into it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have no personal experience with their customer service but this ^^^ goes against everything I have read to date about the way ORFab treats their customers. I have heard nothing but good things until this post. That aside, something like this should be dealt with in dirty laundry, not where a vendor is trying to showcase a new product....

... Which, by the way, Im very interested in! x2 on being curious how much less it sticks out. Looks great guys! I will be getting your tire carrier in some form as soon as I get enough saved :bounce:

Keep up the good work!
Understood, but like I said, it's been three months and still nothing. I heard great things about the product before I purchased it which is why I did to begin with. The look, function, and engineering are exactly what I was looking for. I know if others that have had replacement parts needed and got them quickly when requested. I apparently am not of that ilk.

I aired my laundry here because the OP was a vender toting the ORFab stamp. I was hoping I could get through to someone else other than Dale Hudson. Which I did. Thank you.

Im not here to flame, Im here to get my warranty service taken care of so I dont have to flame and I can recommend the product. I really dont feel like posting 3 months worth of emails and complaints in the dirty laundry section.
:)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Understood, but like I said, it's been three months and still nothing. I heard great things about the product before I purchased it which is why I did to begin with. The look, function, and engineering are exactly what I was looking for. I know if others that have had replacement parts needed and got them quickly when requested. I apparently am not of that ilk.

I aired my laundry here because the OP was a vender toting the ORFab stamp. I was hoping I could get through to someone else other than Dale Hudson. Which I did. Thank you.

Im not here to flame, Im here to get my warranty service taken care of so I dont have to flame and I can recommend the product. I really dont feel like posting 3 months worth of emails and complaints in the dirty laundry section.
:)
I gotcha - I would be pissed too if it took that long to get resolved. As I said too - you have the experience with them, Ive just read on the interwebz (which is ALWAYS the truth ...)

But Im pretty sure IBROCUN works for ORFab and is not the guy youve been mentioning. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How many inches closer to the tailgate does the rotopax carrier sit vs. the jerry can carrier?

Also, how much would it be for the tire carrier only (#85208) arm? Trying to decide between the two.
About two inches, if I remember correctly.

I'll send you a PM with the price on the arm.

·
Registered
879 Posts
About two inches, if I remember correctly.

I'll send you a PM with the price on the arm.
Thanks! that helps. Will be watching my In Box. :beer:

·
Registered
533 Posts
I gotcha - I would be pissed too if it took that long to get resolved. As I said too - you have the experience with them, Ive just read on the interwebz (which is ALWAYS the truth ...)

But Im pretty sure IBROCUN works for ORFab and is not the guy youve been mentioning. I could be wrong though.
IBROCON got in touch with me that very night by PM and subsequently by phone. I called him back this morning and we spoke for about 15 minutes about the issue. He is a stand up, honest, and very helpful guy. The type of individual I would expect out of ORFab! He discussed various issues with me not related to the product specifically, provided routes forward including the president and owners contact names, and asked my preference for how I wanted to proceed with the situation. I decided to go with him and his working of magic.

I now have a tracking number for my parts!:) within 24 hours no less.

Kudos. That's what I was looking for...results. :beer::beer::beer:

Sounds like the parts may arrive while Im out in Southwest CO and in Moab, but that's the breaks.

Thanks IBROCON!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I spoke with Tony many times before purchasing my front bumper, he is a great guy.

ORFab products are top notch too. I have literally driven my Jeep into a boulder and you can't even tell after a quick touch up with some spray paint.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well, I sent the info on Fri. in a PM, got a call today, order is placed and the part should be here around the second week of June... I've gotta tell you guys, I love working with the folks at OR-Fab... Gotta be a dead-lock tie between OR-Fab and Rebel Offroad for who gets the best customer service rating, but you both rock. Now I just wish you guys offered a military discount through factory orders. But beggars (who can't weld, fab, or powder coat) can't be choosers!! LOL!!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
IBROCON got in touch with me that very night by PM and subsequently by phone. I called him back this morning and we spoke for about 15 minutes about the issue. He is a stand up, honest, and very helpful guy. The type of individual I would expect out of ORFab! He discussed various issues with me not related to the product specifically, provided routes forward including the president and owners contact names, and asked my preference for how I wanted to proceed with the situation. I decided to go with him and his working of magic.

I now have a tracking number for my parts!:) within 24 hours no less.

Kudos. That's what I was looking for...results. :beer::beer::beer:

Sounds like the parts may arrive while Im out in Southwest CO and in Moab, but that's the breaks.

Thanks IBROCON!
yeah, that sounds more like it. Yates and Dale both are stand up guys, and i have delt with both. Meet Yates here in co, when he was on a business trip. We shot the shit and went over a couple ideas. I got every that we discussed and all the little details(minor problems) were ironed out. I have nothing but GREAT things to say about Or-Fab and its employees. And if ya hit a little snag, they are there prompt to work it out.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I think the launch date for the new carrier is June. I'll keep you posted.
Any update on a release date for new customers? Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts