JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it says who has em, and are they worth the money? Do they rattle, and how are they with 35's on them? Thanks people.:beer:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Got one, like it, carries a 40" tire/beadlock, hi-lift, shovel, two gas cans and no rattles. I have made some personal changes to mine but the general design is still intact.

·
Registered
531 Posts
^^ agreed ^^ + OR-Fab guys have been great to deal with.

but expect some surface rust on the hinge hardware.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i have one on mine with a 40 on it. no rattle or shake. really happy with it. my wife drives it daily and has no issues opening or shutting it to get into the back. i coated mine with duplicolor spray in bed liner (same as my grille and fenders) so no rust issues.

·
Administrator
8,731 Posts
Put one on Double D's.. turned out to be one of my favorite carriers.

No rattles... solid as concrete... but yeah, its an involved installation.
One of the main reasons I like it so much is that it is a stand alone carrier, you can run whichever rear bumper you choose.. or even choose not to run a bumper at all.

Plus, chicks dig it!! LOL

·
Administrator
8,731 Posts
^^ :laughing:

Or-Fab used some of those pics for their recent ad in Off Road Adventures magazine..

The rig was equipped with their latest JK products at the time... my favorite of all their products is that tire carrier.

·
Registered
931 Posts
i'm thinking about purchasing this tire carrier just for the fact that it's a stand alone and in the future i can run whatever rear bumper i'd like. my question is, i always hear people saying how hard the instal is and it's a bitch and what not. what is so hard about the instal on this carrier. i'd asume that the hardships of the instal is def worth the low cost price tag and that's why i'm sold. i mean the only other rear tire carrier/bumper that is this cheap is the rancho. but it sticks way out there too much for me. ne one else have problems with this instal? and is there a write up on it?? thanks in advance. looking to get it before moab next month! :beer:

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guy's, I am wanting to run the BFH rear bumper with this tire carrier.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
i'm thinking about purchasing this tire carrier just for the fact that it's a stand alone and in the future i can run whatever rear bumper i'd like. my question is, i always hear people saying how hard the instal is and it's a bitch and what not. what is so hard about the instal on this carrier. i'd asume that the hardships of the instal is def worth the low cost price tag and that's why i'm sold. i mean the only other rear tire carrier/bumper that is this cheap is the rancho. but it sticks way out there too much for me. ne one else have problems with this instal? and is there a write up on it?? thanks in advance. looking to get it before moab next month! :beer:
there are plenty of write ups out there. It is just awkward drilling out some holes and getting wrenches in to tighten some of the bolts. Also the hinge bolts were a very tight fit. But after it is all done it is well worth the hassle.

·
Registered
931 Posts
thats what i kinda figured.i like the looks of the carrier. :beer:

·
Registered
122 Posts
its definatly not the easiest install but worth it. average person can do it in a few hours. the hardest part is preloading the carrier for the weight of the tire. i always set them up a little high. its easier to push down that it is lift up with a heavy ass tire on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts