JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased another set of stock rubi wheels and tires. I have no intention of going to a larger tire for at least another year and a half or so. I use my JK hauling people around for work. I'm considering a 2.5" Teraflex BB kit. I need just a little more lift for where I normally wheel. My question is, will the lift with stock tires look silly. I have fabfours bumpers front and rear to weight it down a little.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
Buddy of mine has the same BB lift with stock Rubi wheels. I don't think it looks "silly" or bad really, but with those stock flares it does look like a 33" (x 11.50" or 12.50") wheel would be a perfect fit. Looking at the jeep from the side looks just fine. It's when you look at it from the front or back that it sort of looks a little top-heavy because the wheels are really tucked in under the flares. At least you can flex it off road and not worry about rubbing issues.

If you want a picture I can get one or two later today (with his approval).

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Won't look funny at all. I ran mine that way for a while before I got a bigger lift and 37's. It actually gives it a better stance.

Now, a Teraflex 4" which is actually more like 5-1/2" does look a little funny with stock tires. :beer:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Put some 1.5" spacers on it and it will look fine. I have 3.5"+ with my OME HD and I'm still running stock wheels and tires...and probably will until they wear down. I just through away good tires.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Put some 1.5" spacers on it and it will look fine. I have 3.5"+ with my OME HD and I'm still running stock wheels and tires...and probably will until they wear down. I just through away good tires.
You mean wheel spacers, right??

Thanks for the pics guys. I believe I'll go ahead with it. All the scraping on our last trip has the wife ok with it already. :D

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Buddy of mine has the same BB lift with stock Rubi wheels. I don't think it looks "silly" or bad really, but with those stock flares it does look like a 33" (x 11.50" or 12.50") wheel would be a perfect fit. Looking at the jeep from the side looks just fine. It's when you look at it from the front or back that it sort of looks a little top-heavy because the wheels are really tucked in under the flares. At least you can flex it off road and not worry about rubbing issues.

If you want a picture I can get one or two later today (with his approval).
You mean these?

Side view

Front View (I think this is the one with the 1.5" Spacers)

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
I ran a 2.5" BB with stock rubi rims/tires (w spidertraxx 1.5" spacers) for a long time and it looked great
had a couple of people at gas stations come over and tell me that that's how it should look from the factory

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.