JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting 35x12.5x17 Nitto Trail Grapplers!!! Anyone have some pro's and cons on these tires??!!! And what's the best tire pressure to run? I'm heading to the bad lands on the 5th! Will be my first time with my jk! Any pointers??!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
PRO's Queit, Good in mud and snow

CON's- Aren't worth a fXXk in heavy rain

My 2 cents:beer:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will follow you as far as I can Pookie!!! LOL!!
And thanks for the pros and cons!! Sucks there not good in the rain, but oh well!!

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
love th look of them.... i would only get rocker radials or mtr's though.....

·
Registered
525 Posts
I like them, they work great in the mud, have great tire wear, very quiet (for how aggressive they look) and look great.

I have not experienced the problem in the heavy rain.

I myself would buy them again (maybe in 37s :) )

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Not experienced any problems in rain here either. Great on road and off road tire. The only tire that comes close is the MTR, but I give the edge to the Nitto.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have been running these for a few months and love them! Surprisingly quiet for an aggressive looking tire. I have had no problems in rain. Only a couple mild wheeling trips and done great. I currently have them at 30 and seem good but I have been playing with the pressure.

·
Administrator
8,749 Posts
Just yesterday I was in awe of a red and black JKU with about 3" maybe 4" lift and 35" Trail Grapplers that weren't even aired down conquer the Extreme Course at jeeptoberfest.. I was simply in awe of the tires.. at first I thought they were the Falken's.

Granted, he beat the living shit out of that rig doing it, but made me a believer in those tires.

EDIT: These are Terra Grapplers I'm talkin about!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Hit, a story similar to that is what sold me on the Trail Grapplers. I watched a 2011 JK go through a trail we call Widowmaker here in KY with rocks much larger than that. Not aired down at all and grabbing onto the limestone like glue. I'm sure the ride was rattling his teeth, but jeebus... Not bad at all for a street friendly MT.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone!! Sounds like a made a good buy!! They arrive tomorrow and my wheels ( 17x9 black XD Addicts) should be here Thursday! Can't wait to get them on and try them out!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had a set on my 08 and loved them. Did great in mud and snow on the trails. No problem on wet roads.
I liked them so much that I bought a set for my 2012.

·
Registered
525 Posts
The Terras Grapplers are a All Terrain Tire The Trail Grapplers are a Mud Tire. Have no fear going with the Mud tires

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Terra grapplers are nice, but it just depends on how aggressive you want! They weren't so great in the mud!! Haha!

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I love mine, no issues in hard rain either. Very good wear after 22000 miles

·
Registered
451 Posts
I run 35" Tail Grapplers on my 2 door and they are great. I routinely drive in heavy rain with no issues at all. They are quiet on road and ride smooth as can be.

·
Registered
451 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts