JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear it going back and forth, the skid row thread is what made me think of this. In my opinion if you have the part on your jeep, ya it may be advertizing but it can look cool, kinda like a sponsored vehicle like a baja racer. I like the skid row jeep where the sticker are all the same color or consistant I should say. ;)

What do you think and what do you think of when someone puts a sticker on their jeep when they don't have that part? I saw a red JK with a solid axle red and black sticker that looked pretty cool but no solid axles or diff covers

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you didn't get a break because you are advertising for the company don't put the sticker on. I think it is ridiculous people actually will purchase a sticker advertising something they paid for no matter how much they like it. Also why the heck would you even advertise for the company if you don't have the part?
I do like stickers (opinions and such) on any vehicle as it helps set them apart but then agian that's also my buisness so I have a ton of stickers/advertising on my jeep.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you didn't get a break because you are advertising for the company don't put the sticker on. I think it is ridiculous people actually will purchase a sticker advertising something they paid for no matter how much they like it. Also why the heck would you even advertise for the company if you don't have the part?
I do like stickers (opinions and such) on any vehicle as it helps set them apart but then agian that's also my buisness so I have a ton of stickers/advertising on my jeep.
I've never heard of anyone purchasing a sticker. I don't know on the sticker when you don't even have there part, I don't agree with that either. A friend of mine that has a TJ says he'll put any jeep sticker on a tool box or under his hood.

Do you have any pictures of your jeep?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
when I had a car I hated stickers. I am slowly being more ok with it. Right now all I have is my club sticker that isnt very big, a sticker from an offroad park, not big either, and my school parking sticker.

If you put the part on, feel free to put on the sticker, but know that you are letting everyone else know what mods you on the Jeep and if its worth taking/breaking into.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'd put a Hillary Clinton 08 sticker on my Jeep if she paid me. Same thing applies to aftermarket parts manufacturers. I would pay to put a JKOwners sticker on my Jeep. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've never heard of anyone purchasing a sticker. I don't know on the sticker when you don't even have there part, I don't agree with that either. A friend of mine that has a TJ says he'll put any jeep sticker on a tool box or under his hood.

Do you have any pictures of your jeep?
Nothing I can easily post right now. I also change stuff around as I put all of ine on magnets so I can mix and match with doors on, off or if I decide I want a new one as I sometimes get bored with them. My favorite ones are Work Sucks I'm Going Fishing and Driver's Insane. I also don't sell stuff places I come to to hang out as I don't like mixing buisness with fun but there is a bunch of 4X4 stuff as well as a guy who makes custom black and white stickers on E-Bay.:D

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have the traditional patriot pat on the back of the jeep but other than that I'm not a big sticker fan. I'm thinking of the Army kit on the rescue green I tink it would look slick.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I'd never put a manufacturer's sticker on my Jeep unless I was getting something for it. The Full Traction stickers that came with my lift have been sitting in a land fill for a while. And I always have to laugh when I see a pickup with stickers plastered all over the back window. Especially those stickers with Calvin pissing on some truck maker's emblem. :shaking:

This isn't a sticker story, but I remember seeing some high school kid in a beat up Buick Century 4 door with "my mom's a MILF" painted on the trunk. Now that's some funny chit right there if you know what MILF stands for. :lol:

My stickers are pretty basic...nothing too out there...

·
Registered
184 Posts
And I always have to laugh when I see a pickup with stickers plastered all over the back window.
And usually those trucks I see are stock with a "4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers" sticker on it.

If you are going to run stickers, at least have a part installed from that company. There used to be ricer parked behind my office occasionally that had a Tera-Flex sticker on it. I didn't know they made parts for Hondas too :D

peter

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Now THAT is slick. No longer on their site though. (bunch of KJ and KK stuff tho.) I just sent them an Email asking about availability....
post up what you find out. I will rock some JKowners stickers now that I removed my "X" sticker

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think those all look good, I've put some manufactures on mine if they're black and red, just because my Jeep is silver with black and red seats so I personally think it looks cool. I just got my fox steering stabalizer and the sticker is blue... shoot! Should I call them and ask if they make it in red? hahaha

I have gotten board with some and had to get the goof off and hair dryer out.
I have some stickers that are from supporting local offroading clubs but they're aren't red and black. My son puts some of them on his bike.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Anything I get that doesn't go on the vehicle (and so far, that's all of them), goes on the :beer: fridge in the barn. :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
post up what you find out. I will rock some JKowners stickers now that I removed my "X" sticker
Yup, still available. I'm told for that design in a 5" version is $15 / pair. I'll be ordering very soon.

UPDATE: Ordered 3/26, Decals made & in the mail 3/26.:bounce:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
If you've been following the Skidrow thread then you already know how I feel about free advertising on the JK. Although there's also nothing wrong with a little bit of "individualizing."
Just so you know, even though I may kid a bit I believe it's your Jeep and you should have fun with it however you see fit.

·
Registered
749 Posts
If you've been following the Skidrow thread then you already know how I feel about free advertising on the JK. Although there's also nothing wrong with a little bit of "individualizing."
Just so you know, even though I may kid a bit I believe it's your Jeep and you should have fun with it however you see fit.
Wow! how'd I miss that I never notice,...:laughing2:

By the way, I like "your Jeep Jeep Sticker" it's unique.......:beer:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Wow! how'd I miss that I never notice,...:laughing2:

By the way, I like "your Jeep Jeep Sticker" it's unique.......:beer:
Thanks. I'm still looking for a sponsor needing a "donor" JK so's I can put my own billboard out front.:D:beer:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts