JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 269 Posts

· Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the start to my long overdue 1 ton swap. My goal is to have it all wrapped up around May.

The goods:

Front - 02 Ford SD Dana 60. All the brackets/truss are going to be CNC cut, one off, here at the shop. It's going to be loaded with Yukon 5.38's, Yukon lockouts, Yukon zip locker, factory ten 35 spline outer stubs, custom machined unit bearings drilled & bored for 35 splines stubs & 8 on 6.5.

Rear - Good'ol 14 bolt. I'm going to be shaving it with a TMR 15 bolt shave kit, custom VKS diff cover, Yukon 5.38's, Detroit locker, disc brake conversion.

I'm also going to running a custom 3 link front and rear. In the front I'm going to be running 12" Fox CO's and 14" frenched outboard in the rear. All the towers are going to be VKS customs as well.

So stay tuned! I'm going to be keeping it updated daily.

Now for some pics. I got all the OEM brackets cleaned off and I'm going to be dropping them off to get blasted tomorrow. I also have the front truss mocked up in the mean time.

· Registered
1,693 Posts
Little tip.. If you plan on using a arb or zip locker up front make sure you drill for the air fitting before welding the top plate of that truss. I made that mistake and now I have a grizzly locker up there instead. I will say I'm glad I did the grizzly though its so smooth and quite you can't even tell your locked up front. I'm in love with it.

On a side note. I hit a tree pretty damn hard a few weeks ago. Hit it on the driver side where I cut off some cast from diff. Good thing I trussed it. We bounced back like 3' after the hit. Didn't even faze the axle. Fucker is built tough. Got a lump on my head though from hitting it on sport cage.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

· JKO Dickhead
3,526 Posts
subscribed !

· Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Very nice! Is that tube coming out of the axle just to keep the housing straight during welding?

· Premium Member
2,533 Posts
That's just a piece of tubing I have stuck in there so I can work out on the end of the C. My axle stand is in the way otherwise.
Gotcha thanks.

· Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not a whole lot of progress tonight. The axles are out being blasted. I did get my unit bearings disassembled and ready for machining.

Here is the inner roller bearing size difference between 30 and 35 spline stubs.

1 - 20 of 269 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.