JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know that this necessarily applies to Jeeps although it could if your jeep is too noisy to hear your music (and thus the reason I put it in the outdoors section).

I was looking for a way to listen to music when I was out riding my mountain bike for exercise. Normally, I just like to listen to nature when I am riding the trails, but there are some trails I ride for exercise a lot and there is not a lot of nature to listen to, so I wanna crank up some SRV or Steely Dan ( yeah, i know, I'm old :) )

So I stumbled across these headphones and decided to get them and give them a try:
http://www.aftershokz.com/AfterShokz-Sportz-M2-Open-Ear-Headphones-p/as321.htm

They are supposed to transmit the music through your cheekbone, leaving your ears free to still be able to hear what is around you. This is good if you are a jogger or biker so you can be safe, and get the hell out of my way when I am yelling "passing on your left" and you can't hear me because Bieber is blasting in your head (sorry digressed there a little).

Anyway, got the headphones in and tried them out today. They work ok. I can't tell of I am hearing the music because they are like speakers next to my ears or if its because they are conducting with the bone. I think it's a little of both.

Nonetheless, I can hear music and I can hear what is going on around me, so they serve their purpose. I think the clarity of the music is good for riding or running and I am satisfied, but I am not an audiophile.

One of my concerns was that I wear glasses (as do most when riding) and I was afraid they would interfere. I had to move things around a little, but I got everything placed where I was comfortable and they worked.

Don't get them expecting awesome crisp sounds and deep bass, they aren't made for that...I like them and would buy them again knowing what I know now.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I have an older set of sure E2's? I use while riding, they are in ear and high end. Were like 150? When I bought them. You wrap the wire around your ear, then pop em in.
I wear glasses too and they work well.

But being able to hear outside chit would be nice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts