JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed the Teraflex 4in suspension with the .75in skyjacker spacers in the front because of the added weight from the AEV front bumper, warn winch, and front end skid plate (which I would recommend because now it is exactly level). I purchased the rear HD cv 1310 driveshaft from JEReel but by the sounds of the front I think I need a front too. I was told I should only need a rear. What did you guys do, what lift do you have, and tire size?

I'm currently running 35's my original idea was to go to 37's when these wear out but I need to wait until my wife cools down she can bearly get in it so she's a little pissed about the new suspension...:shaking: Kids are 5 and 6 with no chance of getting in by themselves. :smokin:

G

·
0 Posts
I'm running a 3.5" RE lift with 35" tires. I replaced both drive shafts with JE Reel 1350 series shafts.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I got the 4" TeraFlex lift kit. I also got the front and rear TeraFlex drive shafts. Can't tell you what it's like because I'm in Iraq and the Jeep is in Florida. My Phase 2 of the customization will begin at the end of this month. Here's what will be added...

TeraFlex 4" Suspension System w/Full FlexArm System
TeraFlex Rock Guard Front Bumper
TeraFlex Rock Guard Rear Bumper
TeraFlex Rock Guard Spare Tire Carrier
TeraFlex Rock Guard Rock Sliders
TeraFlex Front Drive Shaft
TeraFlex Rear Drive Shaft
True Flow XDI Air Intake
KC HiLiTES Fog Lights (2)
KC HiLiTES Driving Lights (2)
KC HiLiTES Long Range Lights (2)
KC HiLiTES Windshield Light Mounting Brackets (2)
KC HiLiTES Hood Mount Light Bar w/2 Lights
Hella 55w Utility Lights (Rock Lights)
Bushwacker Pocket Style Front Fender Flares
Bushwacker Pocket Style Rear Fender Flares
37" Tires
17" Wheels
EVAP Canister Relocated
Power Converter
sPOD and Source Kit
Crown 4" Black Brake Lines
Superior Dana 44 Rear Axle Shaft Kit
Daystar Upper Dash Panel
Poly Performance High Steer Kit
Poly Performance Chromoly Tie Rod
Riddler Dana 44 Front Differential Cover
Riddler Dana 44 Rear Differential Cover
Magnaflow Exhaust
Superior Front Dana 44 5.13 Gears
Superior Rear Dana 44 5.13 Gears

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I am still running the factory shafts with about 4.5" of lift. I do have replacement shafts from Tom Wood in the JK for when the factory one's grenade. I have had the lift since May 2007. The shafts have lasted but they are showing and exhibiting signs of fatique. I will probably replace them before I drive to Moab again in May.

I did this as part of an experiment for Nth Degree Mobility but they are no longer around for me to report my findings to. :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just replaced my front drive shaft with a Tom Woods after the factory CV boot cracked and started throwing grease around. Probably could have run it until it died, but I replaced it early.
I'm running a Terraflex 3" with 35" tires, though I didn't measure before and after heights so I don't really know how much it was actually lifted.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just replaced my front drive shaft with a Tom Woods after the factory CV boot cracked and started throwing grease around. Probably could have run it until it died, but I replaced it early.
I'm running a Terraflex 3" with 35" tires, though I didn't measure before and after heights so I don't really know how much it was actually lifted.
That's odd do you have a 2door?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm running the RE 3.5 superflex on my Unlimited. I'm not running aftermarket bumpers yet so my actual gain is measured at 4.25". There was enough question as to whether there would be problems with the stock shafts in the future to make me feel justified in replacing them.

I'm now running Tom Woods CV shafts, front and rear.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope - it's a 4 door. I don't beleive the front drive shaft changes length 4dr vs. 2dr...
You're correct it doesn't, I ended up changing both front and rear out with JE Reel cv style 1310's and got a fox steering stabilizer to replace my blown out one from death wobble, I haven't put it on yet. Hopefully tomorrow

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I went ahead and swapped both of mine out on the two door for Tom Wood's cv style 1310's, given the certain failure of the stock rear.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have around 5000 miles on stock shafts with the RE 3.5in lift and have no signs so far of failure but planning on replacing them soon just so i have good spares

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
At what lift height are new drive shafts necessary...would a simple 2" lift require the additional expense?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
At what lift height are new drive shafts necessary...would a simple 2" lift require the additional expense?
No you're fine. I ran a 2.5in budget boost for a year with no problems what so ever. Once you go over 3.5 you'd consider it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts