JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 door 2010 JK sport
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for help wiring an on / off / on switch to control several spod switches, with the idea that one on toggles off the highbeams and the other on is just 'on'. Thus I can either control the lights on those switches off my highs (aka for night highway driving) or I can turn them on/off independently of what my highbeams are doing.

I had a plan in my head but not having done any wiring in God knows how long... the few idea's I did have I started to question... and decided that before I do something wrong I should ask someone who probably knows more of what they're talking about then I do.

on - allows highbeams to trigger spod switches (and thus various lights)
off - everything off
on - on

Or if there's an easier way to do this? I'm all game. I just want the option to turn the lights on from either toggling my highs (when the lights have been switched on) or from a switch regardless of what my highbeams are doing.

I thought about running something to two relays (one for highs and one for 'on') and then just combining the output to the power of the switches in question... but figured I'd check on this first...

I did read this thread, unfortunately it's not quite what I'm looking for (I think) as in this case, the lights come on automatically when in reverse (aka my highs). I still want there to be a switch in the middle of that so lights are not coming on automatically if I hit my highs.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Really not sure what you’re trying to do. Please explain again. Otherwise it may well just be the Jim Beam in me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2 door 2010 JK sport
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an SPOD that controls various forward facing lights (A pillar, driving lights, light bar). I would like to have the option to either activate those switches (that control the various lights) either off my high beams or off of a master on/off switch.

In my old jeep I just used a master on/off switch that was down where the power window controls are. This made it easy when driving (as I rest my hand on the shifter) to quickly turn all the lights on/off as needed. However I now want to take that one step further - to have the ability to have a kill switch AND a switch that is tied to my high beams (aka on/off/on). I would like both of those switches to control the switches in the spod.

Basically I do not want to have to turn my highs on to turn the lights on. But I want that as an option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts