JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night on the way home on I-55 I saw a green 2dr JK. It blew past me like I was standing still. Same green as my 4dr but this one looked to have color matched wheels. Plate was IL "Nice JK". Whomever it was took the the south-bound 355 ramp from just after Lemont Rd around 5:30pm.

Just wanted to know if that was something you did yourself or had done and where. Looked like powdercoat from what I could see as the blur drove by. :eek:
:)

· Premium Member
2,533 Posts
try the regional section, and i wouldnt pc my wheels. To much money to just have them get scratched up on the trail IMO.

· A JKO DICK
3,702 Posts
So what you're saying is... try the regional section of JKF.
Or we could just be friendlier to all JK owners and they would come here and learn.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
try the regional section, and i wouldnt pc my wheels. To much money to just have them get scratched up on the trail IMO.
I powdercoated my wheels and they never had a scratch. I wheeled the crap out of one TJ...of course I had 8" wide wheels with 14.50 tires...:thankyou:

Honestly, I prefer PC to paint. Most of the pieces I painted didn't withstand the abuse. The PC at least gave a great based should something get scratched to rattle can it. I even PC'd skids because it would last longer than paint. I then added some hdpe which was the ticket but awfully expensive.

· Premium Member
2,533 Posts
So what you're saying is... try the regional section of JKF.
:suicide:
I powdercoated my wheels and they never had a scratch. I wheeled the crap out of one TJ...of course I had 8" wide wheels with 14.50 tires...:thankyou:

Honestly, I prefer PC to paint. Most of the pieces I painted didn't withstand the abuse. The PC at least gave a great based should something get scratched to rattle can it. I even PC'd skids because it would last longer than paint. I then added some hdpe which was the ticket but awfully expensive.
well if it works for you, dont listen to me. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.