JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been searching for a while for compressor to keep in the jk for the trail. After looking for a while at some cheap shit i finally just took the dive and bought something.

Took a drive over to Lowes and found a couple small compressors that would fit in the back, but i settled on a 2 gal, 1hp 89$ cheapie! It's oilless so i don't have to worry about it falling over, it comes with a house and a nozzle for air, and it even came with a brad nailer!

To power it, i bought a cheap ass, 20$ Stanley inverter, that i will end up returning for the 40$ one. It will power the Compressor, but it would take forever.

Pics!

Sorry if the pics are dark.

Sent from within the beaver

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Good idea but after last camping trip, jeep was full and wouldn't have room for that thing.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
^yeah C02 is a fast way to air up.

OP, have you aired down a tire and timed how long it took to air back up? Also can it run air tools?

The price is great and the above info would help people decide if it was a good option for them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
20 lb CO2 tank with accessories and regulator for under $140.00......very fast!
Where and how did you get a setup that cheap? I'd love to have a co2 setup but thought they were in the $400+ range??

Edit: I just saw the write up but they were still a little over $200 with everything.

·
Registered
95 Posts
mine is an old scba cylinder ( I have several ) with an old o2 regulator I had. Adapter for the cylinder to the regulator was around $7. I fill the cylinders up at the fire dept off the cascade system. the cylinders hold 2250 psi. love it. Also I can adjust the pressure to whatever I need it

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
could you...

...use some fittings to remove the pump from the tanks, and say mount them in the old muffler location? Then just keep the pump inside? I have an ancient Crapsman Id like to use if so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts