Votes: 36 62.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came across the Olympic 4x4 line of products. I'm specifically interested in the line of bumpers they make. Has anyone worked with/run with/mounted their aftermarket components and dealt with their customer service? Tell me about your experience with this product line.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
if you're interested in the front bumpers, I'd make sure you get a look at them in person
the jungle gym tube bumpers are a uhhh "unique" look and the smuggler is pretty ginormous.
The local dealer has a smuggler on one on the lot, neat idea but bulky and the compartments arent water tight

I think I have some pics I took of the smuggler if you want to see them

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
...bought the front and back 'olympic 4x4 hard rock' bumpers.:)

...haven't had them on for a full year yet and my front is peeling big time on the top.:bawling:

...thought about returning them but they were fairly cheap and the thought of taking it off and all the shipping BS... i'll just wire brush it good in the spring and give 'er the ole' rattle can repair. it is a jeep after all.:beer:

...this product was 'made in the USA' also which actually bums me out now. WE have got to do better.:shaking:

·
Registered
34 Posts
...hey priell 3, i remember we bought our bumpers around the same time.:)

...now i will say, they dump a ton of salt down up here in the 'nordland' but i didn't expect this to happen as a result...and the jeep isn't my daily driver.:shaking:

...it doesn't look like it here but i bring the jeepster to the manual car wash to blast the salt off often ( and im due now ).

...your bumper looks brand new!:laughing:

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
...well that's a neat trick.:bounce:

...thanks for the tip.:beer:

·
Registered
106 Posts
This thread won't answer all your questions, but it might help you to decide if you want to go this route:

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42465
The customer in question is very happy with how he was treated once he contacted Olympic. He recevied an alternative tire carrier that is simpler than the Dual Directionial one that lowers the tire to the ground. This new Tire Carrier is now available to customers who do not reguire the assistance that one needs with a 37" tire. For the record the customer is a real gentlemen and apologised for the reckus that was created as he realises Olympic is always looking for ways to keep its products superior in style and function. If you have any question on this matter feel free to contact me at;
[email protected]

·
Registered
106 Posts
x2. They screwed themselves with this whole situation. If they plan to sell any more stuff it probably won't be through JKO.
Once the customer called Olympic direct the situation was handled to the customers satisfaction. He admitted he did not need the functionality of the dual Directionial tire carrier and we exchanged it for a simpler alternative that he thanks us for and apologised for casuing such a ruckus , he is a gentlmen and a appreciated customer.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Do you guys have a simpler rear bumper and carrier combo for the JK.I really have no need for a rear winch mount and like the style of your other bumpers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Olympic

Olympic products are awesome and fit great, great quality and service. Eric goes out of his way to help us fellow jeeper's out and i appreciate everything they do for us..

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
...hey priell 3, i remember we bought our bumpers around the same time.:)

...now i will say, they dump a ton of salt down up here in the 'nordland' but i didn't expect this to happen as a result...and the jeep isn't my daily driver.:shaking:

...it doesn't look like it here but i bring the jeepster to the manual car wash to blast the salt off often ( and im due now ).

...your bumper looks brand new!:laughing:
That pic was taken last year when it was still new but it still looks great a year later. Philly loves salty roads too. About the only thing that has washed mine over the last several months has been rain. My wife rear ended a Saturn and the bumper didn't get a scratch.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Del Runs Olympic4x4

I've had a Dave's Rack from Olympic4x4 Products on top of my Jeep for 4 or 5 years now, and I love it. It's well made and does the job. I've flipped it back and used it as a vendor show booth a few times, as well as a shade cover in the heat of the desert. I've seen Olympic4x4 stand behind their products and know them first hand to be honest folks. And my Dave's Rack has held up to several trips through the Rubicon where I've banged and scraped it more than a few times -- with no problems!

Del

·
Registered
712 Posts
Once the customer called Olympic direct the situation was handled to the customers satisfaction. He admitted he did not need the functionality of the dual Directionial tire carrier and we exchanged it for a simpler alternative that he thanks us for and apologised for casuing such a ruckus , he is a gentlmen and a appreciated customer.

We're concerned far less with the behavior of the customer, and more with your response regarding selling something -other- than what you delivered. He didn't cause a ruckus, he raised a serious concern about receiving a product that did not match the representation of which he was sold to which you shrugged it off and told him to basically stuff it until the resulting uproar caused you to reverse course and try and find a solution. The fact that you sit here and blame the customer after the fact makes you look even worse.

... you would have been better to not respond, or at least to respond with a bit more humility.

!c

·
Registered
34 Posts
...i should say my rear bumper is in perfect shape and has no peeling issues, perhaps the front just had a faulty powder coat application.:confused:

...i'm guessing the boys at 'O4x4P' would of helped me out on this but i never pursued it, too much hassle.:)

...any thoughts from the powers that be regarding the photo's of the bumper?:confused:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts