JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owned the rear Smuggler with tire carrier for less than a year and the powder coat is coming off in sheets... Have exchanged a few emails with customer service who has assured me they will have an answer how they "will fix this".

I am beginning to feel like I am getting the run around....

Does anyone else have any experience with Olympic??

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have rock bumpers front and rear.

I had to passenger side brackets for the rear when I purchased.

I sent an email and called.

In my experience, they were courteous, very helpful, and the correct bracket arrived at my door in a couple of days.

I'd suggest calling if possible.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
if you click ^ up there on iTrader you will see that olympic4x4products has the highest negative feedback.

·
RIP Brad
3,762 Posts
if you click ^ up there on iTrader you will see that olympic4x4products has the highest negative feedback.
Those ratings came from people that do not own the products. They look to have come from pitch fork welding, eom bleeding JKO bitches.

The iTrader system is broken if anyone can rate anyone for any reason.

I have no suggestion as to how to fix that other than scrap it. I don't believe there is a way for JKO to verify product ownership... so the ratings are unreliable at best.

OP: As suggested, call if you haven't already. I think you'll get taken care of better over the phone, as in most cases. E-mail is convenient, but messy when you are trying to get a problem solved.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have a boa extreme front bumper and like it. The powder coating isn't the best, but it does pretty well. I can't say that I have dealt with their customer service, but I like the products for the price.

Sent via evil monkey!

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Oh it was something to do with that same bumper if I recall. I was involved it somehow, it was a mess for Olympic like this :shitstorm:

Edit: I remember now, it had to do with the image Olympic supplied us for the bumper and what the customer actually received was totally different, then somehow it turned into a 10 page debacle, Eric the owner of Olympic got involved, and a month later something was resolved with them.
Yep thats how it started. The whole false advertising issue is one thing but the way Eric was responding to the posts was unbelievable to say the least.

·
Registered
799 Posts
:) My OLY front (hitch) and rear have lasted 2-1/2 years and I've had a couple trees jump out in front of me, "OUCH", but no powdercoat loss-

No complaints-

:koolaid::koolaid: JIMBO

·
RIP Brad
3,762 Posts
Oh it was something to do with that same bumper if I recall. I was involved it somehow, it was a mess for Olympic like this :shitstorm:

Edit: I remember now, it had to do with the image Olympic supplied us for the bumper and what the customer actually received was totally different, then somehow it turned into a 10 page debacle, Eric the owner of Olympic got involved, and a month later something was resolved with them.
Hey dude... your company fucked the customer on that one. You make a profit and should stand behind the shit you sell... not push the customer off to the manufacture. Some of the poorest customer service skills I have ever seen. The picture was wrong and that was Olympic's fault, but you should have dealt with them, not have your customer do it. 4WP sold the item, 4WP should stand behind what they sell, and 4WP should have dealt with the manufacture directly.

4WP... 4WD... same company.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
They sent my friend Meredith a used rear bumper(rock rash all along the bottom and one side) took a while but they made it right. I think the tire carried is a piece of shit though. It shakes horribly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
issue resolved

Their customer service rep didnt follow up as she said she would but explained why and is understandable.

Bottom line.. They are sending new parts to replace the defective ones.. Can't ask for better than that..

Thanks for the feedback all..

:gluging::gluging::gluging:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Hey dude... your company fucked the customer on that one. You make a profit and should stand behind the shit you sell... not push the customer off to the manufacture. Some of the poorest customer service skills I have ever seen. The picture was wrong and that was Olympic's fault, but you should have dealt with them, not have your customer do it. 4WP sold the item, 4WP should stand behind what they sell, and 4WP should have dealt with the manufacture directly.

Beating a dead horse is one thing. But digging up the bones of that dead horse, and beating them again is just asinine.

·
Registered
119 Posts

You are totally wrong there.

·
Registered
478 Posts
You are totally wrong there.

We tried to do everything we could for the guy, Olympic wanted to handle it. This issue almost made us totally drop Olympic Products all together. But hey I was only right in the middle of it, and you only saw what was posted in the internets.

Funny thing is 90% of all the customer service "issues" we have is because of lack of the customers cooperation.
Lol, is that last part a joke????

1 - 20 of 37 Posts