JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, it is the DASH BADGE of my '78 CJ-7. The only surviving piece of that badass Jeep. Thinking of putting it somewhere on my JK.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Registered
Tenderfoot them are fightin' words.

Who would have known it was from YOUR jeep or cared that much. Gunny answered your ridiculous question multiple times.

Super Moderator
Ok, it is the DASH BADGE of my '78 CJ-7. The only surviving piece of that badass Jeep. Thinking of putting it somewhere on my JK.
Only surviving piece? Well I guess that particular Jeep wasn't all that badass then.

We have a resident "e-bay badge" expert on here but she doesn't post much these days. Her name is Mother Tamara and she'd tell you that you're a-okay putting that CJ placard on your JK.

I personally think that it's pretty lame... like putting a 5.0 badge on a 6-cyl Mustang. I mean, you could... but why?

Sorry for the offense, GUNNY!
I can only see 1 stripe on your avatar.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
You are forgiven for your blindness. Is this better?

I once made the mistake of calling a Marine First Sergeant "Top"

Never had my ass chewed so hard in my entire life

Cant lie though, that man was one of the best NCO's I've ever had the privilege to serve with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Way back, a long time ago. First Sergeants used to be called Top.

Registered
In the Army it's really common to call them top, especially if they are your First Sergeant

This was around 2006. He was very clear that wasn't how the marines did it (at least his marines)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 19 of 19 Posts