JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my expedition/rallymoto trailer from VRV. I am getting a 6x14 foot all aluminum toy hauler, tilt out bunk trailer. They are putting on a longer travel torsion suspension (tandem axle) and 31" all terrain tires on 17" aluminum rims.
No, I can crawl rocks, or even take it down really narrow forest roads, but I can tow it at a decent speed on dirt roads, through mud, snow, slush, and way deeper into the desert than other campers.
I will have no job in a few weeks and plan to tour around the US in my Jeep with my wife, 2 dogs, and my supermoto bike.

I want to change my springs before we go get the trailer in Arkansas (we are in Oregon) I think the Old Man Emu heavy front and rear springs will be the way to go. I am also going to put air springs in the rear to adjust for heavier loads.

Who has OME springs in stock and can advise me as to which ones to get, or if there is another option?

I found the airbags at e-trailer, but if a vendor has them, I will buy there.

Do I need longer shocks if I am going 2.5 inches up? I would rather wait until I can afford some really nice shocks like fox so I can change the valving to suit what I use the Jeep for.

So, if you are a vendor, and can sell me all this stuff, let me know. I am not looking for any outrageous deal or anything, just help with my purchase.

·
Registered
223 Posts
How about used springs to save some money? As for shocks you can run shock extenders. You will need track bars or relocation brackets with OME springs. I also have air bags for sale. PM me and I can give you a price on springs and bags shipped.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28144

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, awesome.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, those are the heavy springs? If they are, then we may have a deal.
What air bags do you have? Why did you remove them?

I will PM you in a while.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yes they are the heavy springs. I sent you a PM.
Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts