JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Skulls and bones are stupid. In the wheeling world there is a huge glut of them everywhere. It's laser-etched into the products of several companies for the world to see. It's all over vendor logos. Its on stickers, painted onto parts and hoods. It's used for shift knobs and as a plug-in into your hitch (with glowing red eyes even). :shaking: They are etched into rock rings and molded into tire treads. They are everywhere you look, you can't escape them. And they are stupid.

Are we all a bunch of pirates, spelunking into tombs of human sacrifice to rob them of their riches in our rigs? Where's my honorary eye patch and sword? Argghhhh, mo-fockey! :skull:

I'm not taking away from the quality of the products or service of the vendors that use these logos by any means. But did I mention they are stupid? Flame away if you must, but I'll leave the skull and crossbones nonsense to the 4-year-olds. Tacky.....

·
Registered
339 Posts
Spiders are nice.....

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
You are absolutely correct sir. I have been personally using a canary and butterfly motif on all my stuff for this exact reason. Thanks for saying what we have all been afraid to say.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are absolutely correct sir. I have been personally using a canary and butterfly motif on all my stuff for this exact reason. Thanks for saying what we have all been afraid to say.
Be careful bro, you may attract some mariposas of a very different kind! :thefinger:

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
I hate to say it (since several vendors on here run some variation of them) but, I do not like the skulls and bones either! I will end up with some on my Jeep but, it's not due to me liking the logo, it's due to me liking the vendor!

Their have been quite a few products that I have steered clear of due to not liking their logo (be it skulls and bones or other symbols or even just their name cut into an awkward position), which is a shame since the products themselves are BAD-ASS!!! (The products that I have gone with have been ones that are subtly marked)

I am NOT saying that I don't want to acknowledge the fact that they are a great company that makes a great part (that THEY made! (not trying to hide the fact that I bought the part from them either)), I am just saying I would rather display their stickers than have some awkward carving in the otherwise gorgeous works of metal art they produce!

·
Coonasian
1,835 Posts
:beer:

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
and I'll say why the fuck do you care?
dont like em, dont put em on your jeep
seems simple enough and not really needing yet another whining thread dedicated to it.

but hey, knock yourself out.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
seems simple enough and not really needing yet another whining thread dedicated to it.

Well I think we just found the first person in this thread with skull shit on his Jeep.:thefinger:

I only care because I would like to sport some of those products, they are quality chit....but I feel like an immature redneck with that shit on my ride. Might as well hang a pair of brass balls underneath, because it takes about the same amount of troglodysm.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts

I agree, but i enjoyed all the crazy pics while looking through the thread.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Well I think we just found the first person in this thread with skull shit on his Jeep.:thefinger:

I only care because I would like to sport some of those products, they are quality chit....but I feel like an immature redneck with that shit on my ride. Might as well hang a pair of brass balls underneath, because it takes about the same amount of troglodysm.
no skulls on mine, but I just found an opinionated whining ***** that feels the need to bitch about things other people do on the interwebz

dont make it personal rodent.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts