JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my '07 Sahara has come a long way from stock, and I love the exterior. The interior however is looking pretty beat up. the carpet went in favor of berliner. The seats got trashed, so on came the Katskinz's.The roll bar covers turned purple, so I am dying them now. But the interior plastics are all faded out to different colors. And since I am about to do a complete stereo rip out and install, with fiberglass pods on the A-pilars for components and kick pods for mid/ woofers, I want to do something with the interior.

I looked at installing a new style interior, but honestly thats going to be more involved than i have time for. I can always just re stain and paint the interior to the original grey's or black. But since I'm going to rip it all out for that anyway, I figured i would see what others might have done or seen done.

On the far out end of things, has anyone wrapped the interior with 3M Carbon Fiber, Brushed Stainless, or other? Anyone done door panels in vinyl or leather? Installed different center consoles from other vehicles or later model Jeeps?

Any and all Idea's welcome, especially with pictures!!

Hers where I am now...

· Registered
619 Posts
Maybe a nice crushed red velvet and some dingle balls.

· Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe a nice crushed red velvet and some dingle balls.
Nah, my pimpin' days are over! I'm respectable now. Maybe just some sheepskin and sisal floor mats.....

· Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dude your interior is pristine compared to mine! wait till you start hacking it up for cages....
Yeah, but this is pretty much my daily driver. I never seem to take the Armada. I'm going to keep it fully functional as an off roader, just want to "freshen it up". Plus, after almost 7 years driving this thing, I could use a little change....

· Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

· Registered
879 Posts
Any experience with how well the paints hold up?
You can get the factory touch up paint in aerosol cans and spray your dash. It's auto grade paint so it should hold up for years. I think the dash in RG would be a good start.

SRT8 seats would be kick ass. If you go this route, do a write up.

· Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can get the factory touch up paint in aerosol cans and spray your dash. It's auto grade paint so it should hold up for years. I think the dash in RG would be a good start.

SRT8 seats would be kick ass. If you go this route, do a write up.
I was kicking around the idea of putting a set of front seats in the rear, but I got my Katzsin covers on clearance and don't know if I can match them up.

My steering wheel is trashed so a replacement from something else would be cool, but I have never looked into it to see how much of a pain it is.

I was interested in seeing if anybody had done carbon fiber, because I have a good amount of twill weave on hand as well as the epoxy resin and urethane to do a crystal clear lay up....

Hell, I might just design my own center console and incorporate the features I want.

· Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Lot of OEM+ stuff you can do, check out the Grand Cherokee and see what you can swap over. Liquor did steering wheel and SRT8 seats. Billet aluminum and some polished black paint could freshen things up too.
Is there a write up or thread for the steering wheel and seat swap?

· Registered
971 Posts
I was kicking around the idea of putting a set of front seats in the rear, but I got my Katzsin covers on clearance and don't know if I can match them up.

My steering wheel is trashed so a replacement from something else would be cool, but I have never looked into it to see how much of a pain it is.

I was interested in seeing if anybody had done carbon fiber, because I have a good amount of twill weave on hand as well as the epoxy resin and urethane to do a crystal clear lay up....

Hell, I might just design my own center console and incorporate the features I want.
I do lamination work, always looking for something to do with scraps. Let me know what you come up with.

· Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a few yards left over of some pretty cool carbon fiber material from a paddle board project. What do you think of these for an overlay on the center stack and console center? Maybe accent the oh shit handle and door handles. Everything else to be a satin black? I could even get these to conform to the a/c vents. These are not a vinyl wrap, they are actual carbon fiber material that will get epoxied in place and epoxy impregnated, so they will be a glossy coating.

Green...

Silver w black..

· Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

· Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I haven't really decided exactly which way I'm going with this. But since I am rained out of work, I brought the Heep into the shop and disassembled the dash and console to see where stereo stuff can fit. While I am in there I am making molds for the dash bezels and the entire center console, as well as the A-pillar plastic. I think I'm going to play with some carbon fiber and Hexcel Texalium and my new vacuum bagging set up and see what i can make.......

As my wife says "Boredom and a complete shop can be a dangerous thing....."

· Registered
1,250 Posts
i HATE the fake diamond plate plastic crap along the lower door panel. i cant say how many times the door has closed a little on me and my knee hits the door panel.... and rips a chunk of skin out of my knee. i've just never had the time to fool with it.

i thought about getting a belt sander and sanding the crap down and covering it with vinyl or something.

i took my stock seats out and put a pair of Corbeau LG1 seats in. once i'm in, they are awesome. my wife said she feels like she's getting half her ass ripped off when she is getting out, though. WISH i had the money at the time for a pair of twisted stitch seats. if you have time and money, two pair of seats to completment the front and rear.... would be a pretty smooth move.

oh. and your "wasted interior"... looks dealership new compared to my used and abused interior.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.