JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i got some remote res. shocks for the rear of my JK. I got some for the front already. Problem is, I thought I'd have enough clearance... but no go. They are the Edelbrock IAS Extreme Travel shocks. The reservior is the one that uses a 90* hardline and is clamped directly to the shock body. The body has no provision for rotation of the upper mount.... soooo....

Basically, I got ahead of myself. :shaking:
yay for me....
:bawling::pissed::laughing:

I'm either gonna sell em or mount em on my ZJ.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I run Fox Remote Reswith no issues. I did have to use some spacers to shift the bottom mount outside the stock axle mount. Get ahold of Poly Performance, they have a fix.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the poly brackets. awesome pieces. its what allows me to use my stock rear shocks for now.

the IAS shocks have to be mounted with the body up. since I can only spin the shock 180*... the reservior hits either the swaybar or the frame's cross rail. I'm not grinding on the frame... and after my experiences removing the rear swaybar on my ZJ... I ain't removing it. :)

I'll flip a coin. either I sell em and get my money back out of em, or I put em on the ZJ... which they will fit fine. I win one way or another.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
i got some remote res. shocks for the rear of my JK. I got some for the front already. Problem is, I thought I'd have enough clearance... but no go. They are the Edelbrock IAS Extreme Travel shocks. The reservior is the one that uses a 90* hardline and is clamped directly to the shock body. The body has no provision for rotation of the upper mount.... soooo....

Basically, I got ahead of myself. :shaking:
yay for me....
:bawling::pissed::laughing:

I'm either gonna sell em or mount em on my ZJ.
Currie has shock mounts for the JK that may help. Give 'em a call.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts