JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok still waiting on my light bar from n-fab looking fwd to that. But just wanted to see what stuff will look like. I mounted all I could mount. This is my
setup
(8) 7" rugged ridge hids
(2) 5" rugged also (why couldnt they make em look the same?)
screamin lizard hid boobie headlights
and fogs that i retro fitted

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Oooof, remind me to never ride in front of you on a night ride! :bawling:

That's gotta be some serious brightness!

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
is there ever a reason? and is there such thing as a night ride anymore?
not if your jeep is there :laughing:

I hope you have at least 2 batteries and you might want to invest in a higher amp alternator

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Call me crazy, but it's a bit gaudy in my opinion. I suppose high speed desert stuff would be great.

The only time I really use my lights is during late night drives in the country. They are really just too bright for anything when traffic is around.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Call me crazy, but it's a bit gaudy in my opinion. I suppose high speed desert stuff would be great.

The only time I really use my lights is during late night drives in the country. They are really just too bright for anything when traffic is around.

My thoughts exactly. Night runs of rock crawling, all you really need is your headlights, rock lights under the truck, and a reverse spot beam. A bit overkill IMO if you're not in the Baja...

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Probably should angle some to the sides, I think you have plenty of forward lighting going on

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
It just occured to me. For the amount of money invested in all those HIDs, a LED bar could have been purchased that would have been much sleeker looking and would have used less current all while being as bright or brighter. And they are dimmable! Just a thought.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
It just occured to me. For the amount of money invested in all those HIDs, a LED bar could have been purchased that would have been much sleeker looking and would have used less current all while being as bright or brighter. And they are dimmable! Just a thought.
but then he wouldnt have 14 lights :laughing:

btw the red rings is really killing the look of your blacked out jeep

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
haha love the replies I thought about led but i like alot of circular things haha. Cant wait to finish it with the n-fab lightbar. I also ordered the wild boar grill. Gonna give eyebrows to my boobie headlights. I was going for a totally blacked out look but I have some red under the jeep arb,skid stuff ect so just moving some red uptop. If i decide to go black then it takes nothing to paint them. Theres also another company that makes tinted black covers but so far i like the look

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
haha love the replies I thought about led but i like alot of circular things haha. Cant wait to finish it with the n-fab lightbar. I also ordered the wild boar grill. Gonna give eyebrows to my boobie headlights. I was going for a totally blacked out look but I have some red under the jeep arb,skid stuff ect so just moving some red uptop
"I like circular things." :laughing::beer:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
1 - 20 of 76 Posts